World Cup venues 2026 (USA, Mexico, Canada)

3 countries hosting is too much and too unwieldy. This could be like Euro 2020 all over again, with some teams being disadvantaged by all the travelling.
I always find this an odd argument from non-Yanks since our professional sport(s) teams travel long distances all the time. Just a way of life out here. Agree the hope is it’s made as equivalent as possible for all the sides.

I always find this an odd argument from non-Yanks since our professional sport(s) teams travel long distances all the time. Just a way of life out here. Agree the hope is it’s made as equivalent as possible for all the sides.

Your professional sport(s) teams may travel a lot but football is a lot more demanding on the body than NBA, NFL and Baseball.

90 minutes constant running as opposed to 30 mins on average in NBA and 15 minutes in the NFL with lots of stop start, walking, breaks and even not playing.

Your professional sport(s) teams may travel a lot but football is a lot more demanding on the body than NBA, NFL and Baseball.

90 minutes constant running as opposed to 30 mins on average in NBA and 15 minutes in the NFL with lots of stop start, walking, breaks and even not playing.
Yeah that’s fair. Hockey is pretty grueling but in a long series of short bursts.

Of course certain players don’t run for 90 minutes. I’m thinking of a certain dressage horse who’s getting turned out by another club; plays for France; demands a high wage — can’t recall his name at the moment.

Interestingly none of the stadiums hosting games in the US 1994 World Cup are included in the 2026 games - while the Stadium in Mexico City becomes the first Stadium to host games in 3 World Cups.
No game at Met Life/Giants Stadium in 1994? There were many thousands of Irish in Port Authority bus station heading out to New Jersey for something that summer!

They are grouping them regionally and the team groups will be concentrated just in those regions:

“To reduce travel, FIFA plans to group countries by region.”
EAST: Toronto (BMO Field); Boston (Gillette Stadium, Foxborough); Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field); Miami (Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens); and New York/New Jersey (MetLife Stadium.)
CENTRAL: Kansas City (Arrowhead Stadum); Dallas (AT&T Stadium); Atlanta (Mercedes Benz Stadium); Houston (NRG Stadium); Monterrey, Mexico (Estadio BBVA); Mexico City (Estadio Azteca).
WEST: Vancouver (BC Place); Seattle (Lumen Field); San Francisco (Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara); Los Angeles (SoFi Stadium, Inglewood); and Guadalajara, Mexico (Akron Stadium).
All of those regions could get a little difficult depending on how they are split up.

I'm assuming groups will be split across 2 cities and FIFA won't do anything asinine like Miami/Boston, but from a fans perspective it'll be difficult to bounce between say Atlanta/ Kansas City, Monterrey/Mexico City, LA and the Bay area. All 3 countries have fairly limited public transport outside the NE corridor. Those are substantial flights/drives so I wonder how they will split it up.

Watching quality matches at stupid o clock will be fun. Can't see pubs staying open for a 01:30 Kick off. Will keep the dickheads under control at least

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.