Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, no release clause?

Seems that way.

Not that it matters anyway. We just came off a decade of City careers for Aguero & David Silva & every season we'd hear how they were going to leave for Real or Barca almost yearly and nothing happened. They stayed and became City legends. Something I can see Haaland doing after the way he's spoken about the club & his future at our club.

People need to relax and enjoy the fact we signed Erling & get excited for what lies ahead with him. Not bite at every bullshit article the Madrid media put out there to save face from the fact they were reporting months ago they'd sign Erling & Mbappe and ended up with neither and sizeable egg on their faces.

So, no release clause?

This is not correct (he does not have the right info or contacts at City)

There is a release clause and was requested of all clubs.

It is 200m euros and set so high for a reason, as nobody will likely get close to it.

The two year exit clause is not correct. I am told it can only be triggered if two years out of Champions League, which was to protect both us and him.

Please don't listen to this guy, he is a massive chancer and have even seen him lift stuff from this site.

It is 200m euros and set so high for a reason, as nobody will likely get close to it.

The two year exit clause is not correct. I am told it can only be triggered if two years out of Champions League, which was to protect both us and him.

Please don't listen to this guy, he is a massive chancer and have even seen him lift stuff from this site.

phew!

Wouldn’t say €200mil is that much for Haaland?

There are better ways to force the club to renegotiate the contract every year without putting a buy out clause.
In Barcelona we know this very well unfortunately
The only thing I hope is that he doesn't go to Madrid and City may have made a mistake with that buy out clause.

There were many doubts about Haaland's physical condition these last 2 years, last season Erling missed 16 games.
That is why Erling demanded his club not to publish any more updates on his injuries, so that it would not be an obstacle in his future contract.
City may be taking all the risk of the deal so that in 2 years Madrid can take him more mature and ready for an elite team.
And if he eventually has serious physical problems Haaland will hold on to his contract.
Haha why do these Spanish clubs, (after missing out on him this time round when they wanted him) seem to think city are some sort of stepping stone? When has that ever been the case? 9 times out of 10 we are someone’s final destination. Similar to when we got Pep and got told “he only does 2 or 3 years” how did that turn out? Madrid have just openly come out and disrespected Haaland with the bench comments. I don’t see how he will be gagging to play for them.

To be fair, what has he said in this case that has been incorrect? He just said the reports about a release clause from the media are wrong, which if what you said is true he would be right.

All contracts nowadays seem full of clauses on behalf of the club or the player. That’s when renegotiation comes in the picture.

Our club has shown how to bond important players for years and years. No problem as far as I am concerned.

Just wonder what clauses Nunez’ contract holds. Ah right. Media anywhere don’t know neither do they report about it.

Wouldn’t say €200mil is that much for Haaland?

High enough, Madrid and others were quoted the same by Mino and Haaland family.

It's a different ball game now if Madrid or PSG came calling...

He isn't on £100k a week anymore and when you factor that, along with buyout and improved wages/signing fees/agent fees, a club is having to set aside £600m.

Haaland's buyout can also be raised by us at his next wage increase ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.