It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

This just isn't true and people need to stop saying it about every academy player coming through.

Foden was miles ahead of the likes of McAtee and Palmer at the same age. They can be great players in their own right and they might end up better players with better careers but people are kidding themselves when they say stuff like this.

At McAtee's age, Foden had about 70-80 first team appearances and had made his England debut.

Everyone develops at different rates and Foden is and was special.
Its an opinion....you may disagree and thats cool, but it doesnt make it untrue.

I wasnt meaning age either, i was meaning stage in career - maybe McAtee has just outgrown the EDS and thats why he looks that way?

On Palmer - I have no idea....he looks absolute quality but he looks a hard player to assess whether he makes the jump just because his style is harder to assess as he makes the EDS look so so easy - he is almost laid back in the way he plays

If we go into the season with Foden/Grealish Alverez/Haaland Mahrez/Palmer as our front 6 surely we need another attacking midfielder would leave us with KDB/Bernardo/Gundogan for two positions behind the front 3
Not really, Foden can play both position, probably Grealish too. Then if Mcatee stays too. I've always been in the, if Sterling, Jesus go we'll bring somebody in, camp. Now I'm not so sure we will.

Whenever I’ve heard Sterling talk about a move away from City he has always said he’d like to play abroad and experience a different culture. I understand Chelsea want him, especially for the knock down price, but why would Sterling leave City for Chelsea. Doesn’t make sense
Perhaps because his people have already sounded out clubs on the continent only to find that they're not as receptive to signing him as we're led to believe.

Not really, Foden can play both position, probably Grealish too. Then if Mcatee stays too. I've always been in the, if Sterling, Jesus go we'll bring somebody in, camp. Now I'm not so sure we will.
I knew we could do without Jesus if we had to.

Raz is the surprise as I thought we would replace him but if McAtee is ready now then fair enough.

If we go into the season with Foden/Grealish Alverez/Haaland Mahrez/Palmer as our front 6 surely we need another attacking midfielder would leave us with KDB/Bernardo/Gundogan for two positions behind the front 3

I wouldn’t put Gundogan his back was giving him a lot of issues last season I don’t think he will be able to play a lot of games. Back injuries are annoying for any player. I’d love to see him play a lot of games I just don’t think his body can.

Its an opinion....you may disagree and thats cool, but it doesnt make it untrue.

I wasnt meaning age either, i was meaning stage in career - maybe McAtee has just outgrown the EDS and thats why he looks that way?

On Palmer - I have no idea....he looks absolute quality but he looks a hard player to assess whether he makes the jump just because his style is harder to assess as he makes the EDS look so so easy - he is almost laid back in the way he plays
I suspect that Palmer and McAtee have found themselves in a footballing no-man's land where they're too good for the EDS but perhaps not considered first team standard just yet. Challenging loan arrangements for both is the way forward in my view where they can be blooded against a better standard of opponent and demonstrate their readiness or otherwise to make that next step up.

With Alvarez I saw a lot of Argentina fans say last night that Alvarez plays a lot better with a striker. watching him I know he’s got to adjust to a new country and league. But the guys just a natural finisher the last goal he scored last game was just natural to him. He’s also surprisingly quick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.