It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I don't think McAtee and Palmer are replacing Jesus and Sterling; Haaland and Alvarez are replacing those two outgoing players. We are still going to have Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, Alvarez and Palmer who can play in the wide positions. Considering our biggest "weakness" last year was being clinical, my personal opinion is that the squad in attacking areas looks stronger for next season.
Id also like to think that if we become more clinical next season with Haaland and Alvarez then it would allow us the luxury of giving Palmer and McAtee more game time in order to build their development.

Hope you are well bud. Does almost better than Foden at the same age mean he’s not as good as Foden at that age? If so, totally agree

From what I’ve seen of him, he’s far too good for U23 football, but I’m not convinced he’s quite ready for our first team just yet. Fantastic prospect & potential tho
Yeah all good mate. He has def outgrown the U23s and maybe that's why he stands out...same with Palmer.
He seems more aggressive than Foden (McAtee that is)
Hooe you are well

Sterling is gash does anyone even watch our games, his head was well and truly gone last season. He’s got -10 finishing, Haaland and Alvarez more than replace him and Jesus already.
Yes I go to all of them at home and some away.I don’t miss watching any game I can’t attend in person on TV
Sterling has been magnificent over the course of his time at the club granted he has dipped a little
I can’t comment on Alvarez I’ve never watched him play live or seen him on TV
(I suspect it’s similar for you )
I hope he is good though because Sterling will take some replacing

I don't think McAtee and Palmer are replacing Jesus and Sterling; Haaland and Alvarez are replacing those two outgoing players. We are still going to have Grealish, Mahrez, Foden, Alvarez and Palmer who can play in the wide positions. Considering our biggest "weakness" last year was being clinical, my personal opinion is that the squad in attacking areas looks stronger for next season.

The thing is Grealish, Foden, Mahrez and Palmer are all the same profile. Technically gifted but lack that pace that can scare fullbacks. Which at the start works fine. But teams are not stupid.

They will work that out you need another option off the bench or a player that is both technical good but also has that speed when needed. You need to replace that, Alvarez looks quick but not Sterling quick. Aston Villa game a prime example the full back looked terrified everytime Sterling ran at him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.