Frenkie de Jong

Seeing their CEO sat in a pub discussing transfer policy sums up exactly how poorly Un*ted are being run and I couldn’t be happier.
They were threatening to turn up at his house so he set up a meet instead. Those fans are out of control

I’d be amazed if FDJ goes there he can earn great money elsewhere and play champions league football. Baffling if he chooses to go there regardless of Barcas financial issues.

I am interested in the MEN's coverage of the FdJ "affair". It may be simply that Stuart Brennan is no longer (very unfortunately) with the MEN. I lays found Stuart to be rather cautious and very respectful in reporting on City's transfer dealings in that he did tend to report what had happened without expressing any judgement. Now other reporters have taken over and today there is a story explaining (not for the first time) why it would be a mistake not to buy FdJ even though we seem to be pursuing Phillips because Gundegon and KdB are both passed their 30th birthdays. The articles clear in its dissent from City's apparent present position, and it seems to tie in with an article by Harry Siddall (whom I have not really come across before) explaining that City would have another hole in midfield id Bernado really wants to go to Barcelona. Does anyone know if this is a change in approach following Stuart's departure or if the MEN has sources within the club who are feeding information about the club's possible future approaches and actions in this window?

I am interested in the MEN's coverage of the FdJ "affair". It may be simply that Stuart Brennan is no longer (very unfortunately) with the MEN. I lays found Stuart to be rather cautious and very respectful in reporting on City's transfer dealings in that he did tend to report what had happened without expressing any judgement. Now other reporters have taken over and today there is a story explaining (not for the first time) why it would be a mistake not to buy FdJ even though we seem to be pursuing Phillips because Gundegon and KdB are both passed their 30th birthdays. The articles clear in its dissent from City's apparent present position, and it seems to tie in with an article by Harry Siddall (whom I have not really come across before) explaining that City would have another hole in midfield id Bernado really wants to go to Barcelona. Does anyone know if this is a change in approach following Stuart's departure or if the MEN has sources within the club who are feeding information about the club's possible future approaches and actions in this window?
Potentially. Or, much more likely, it's a common sense article that recognises de Jong would be a much better signing for us and satisfy more than one need.

Potentially. Or, much more likely, it's a common sense article that recognises de Jong would be a much better signing for us and satisfy more than one need.
In a way that's partly the point I'm getting at. The MEN never really expressed an opinion on the wisdom of City's potential activities in the transfer market but tended to follow them, report on them and then report on the beneficial consequences which would follow or the explanations which could justify our failure to get the players we wanted. Now though they are pointing in a direction the club is not moving in, as yet at least. Is this at the club's bidding to prepare fans for what might happen?

In the minority here but I think he’s massively overrated and would flop in the Premier League. United spending £70m on him would make my day. Shown nothing since that 1 season for Ajax and strikes us a bit soft.

Imagine him and McTominay/Fred in a pivot. He will get SWARMED.

In the minority here but I think he’s massively overrated and would flop in the Premier League. United spending £70m on him would make my day. Shown nothing since that 1 season for Ajax and strikes us a bit soft.

Imagine him and McTominay/Fred in a pivot. He will get SWARMED.
I think he would do well under Pep but when Ferran left for Barca I watched a fair bit of Barca and outside a game vs a poor Napoli team, I was almost always underwhelmed by him. Would be interesting to see him in the PL.

Reactions: JC2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.