Frenkie de Jong

I am interested in the MEN's coverage of the FdJ "affair". It may be simply that Stuart Brennan is no longer (very unfortunately) with the MEN. I lays found Stuart to be rather cautious and very respectful in reporting on City's transfer dealings in that he did tend to report what had happened without expressing any judgement. Now other reporters have taken over and today there is a story explaining (not for the first time) why it would be a mistake not to buy FdJ even though we seem to be pursuing Phillips because Gundegon and KdB are both passed their 30th birthdays. The articles clear in its dissent from City's apparent present position, and it seems to tie in with an article by Harry Siddall (whom I have not really come across before) explaining that City would have another hole in midfield id Bernado really wants to go to Barcelona. Does anyone know if this is a change in approach following Stuart's departure or if the MEN has sources within the club who are feeding information about the club's possible future approaches and actions in this window?
Reach PLC are driving the MEN down the ‘fanzine’ clickbait route that they already seem to have perfected at the Echo. A race to the bottom where facts are irrelevant compared to a blizzard of ‘hot takes’ and delusional bullshit

They were threatening to turn up at his house so he set up a meet instead. Those fans are out of control
This is what pisses me off, all the talk is of him meeting them in a pub but that wasn't the plan. He got wind of the intention of a large number of these scum turning up at his home to demand answers from him. He simply headed them off, but who in their right mind thinks it's ok to turn up at someones home making demands and protesting.

Self entitled wankers.

Looks like United are getting bent over for De Jong, rumours of €100m (which includes add ons).
People have opinion on valuations and naturally the vermin has to overpay considering their position but should Barca bank that type of figure and Bernardo goes for the mooted £60m, then that disparity between the two is damn right ludicrous!

Compare and contrast with Khaldoon - it’s hysterical
It stuns me to see anyone try and spin it as a positive. It’s as low as they have sunk and just frames perfectly what a joke of a club they are. Like you say, imagine any serious top exec like Khaldoon doing that, it’s just not how they operate. It’s like the boss at work who just wants to be friends with people and no one takes seriously.

Looks like United are getting bent over for De Jong, rumours of €100m (which includes add ons).
Not sure if mentioned, but I see the FdJ sale being the money that makes the Bernardo sale to Barca happen. Whilst we don’t want to see Bernardo go, if he does then it needs to be for our valuation and the more money they get for FdJ from United the greater the chance Barcelona reach our valuation for Bernardo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.