Arnau Martínez

abellwillring

Arnau Martínez is a 19 year old defender (RB and CB) at Girona who was on their B team during 20/21 before playing well enough to get called up to Girona proper and ultimately becoming a regular starter. He scored the clinching goal in their 3-1 promotion game the other day. Martinez was a youth player for Barca as a kid before moving to a smaller team in Catalunya (Hospitalet) for a couple years before he switched to Girona.

Martínez is being linked with a return to Barca and I think if City let him get away, it sort of represents a failing of the entire concept of the CFG from my perspective. Generally speaking, most of the other clubs are being allowed to operate relatively independently with minimal interference from City (a few have been re-branded but most have not -- City generally adds a women's team, improves their facilities and maybe loans a few players there but that's been about it), but when a kid like this who is a genuine superstar in the making pops up, it makes *zero* sense if he is not signed by Man City and then potentially loaned back to the same team or another comparable one (similar to Pedro Porro after Girona were relegated previously). If City are going to own these other clubs and develop players but not take the best of them, then what is the reason for even having the other clubs?

Anyway, here's a highlight reel someone put together that is quite impressive:

I don't really understand this thread. So there is a talented player at Girona (City will be well aware of him) and you are worried that he may or may not leave and so CFG will then be a failure?

Arnau Martínez is a 19 year old defender (RB and CB) at Girona who was on their B team during 20/21 before playing well enough to get called up to Girona proper and ultimately becoming a regular starter. He scored the clinching goal in their 3-1 promotion game the other day. Martinez was a youth player for Barca as a kid before moving to a smaller team in Catalunya (Hospitalet) for a couple years before he switched to Girona.

Martínez is being linked with a return to Barca and I think if City let him get away, it sort of represents a failing of the entire concept of the CFG from my perspective. Generally speaking, most of the other clubs are being allowed to operate relatively independently with minimal interference from City (a few have been re-branded but most have not -- City generally adds a women's team, improves their facilities and maybe loans a few players there but that's been about it), but when a kid like this who is a genuine superstar in the making pops up, it makes *zero* sense if he is not signed by Man City and then potentially loaned back to the same team or another comparable one (similar to Pedro Porro after Girona were relegated previously). If City are going to own these other clubs and develop players but not take the best of them, then what is the reason for even having the other clubs?

Whats he like as a false 9?

I don't really understand this thread. So there is a talented player at Girona (City will be well aware of him) and you are worried that he may or may not leave and so CFG will then be a failure?
I think City should sign him. He's a very good young player who will definitely become a Spanish international.

If they don't keep the best talents within the City family, what is the point of operating other clubs? Either way, there are countless threads where people post talented players and propose that City sign them. Here's one for Arnau Martínez who is going to become a more well known player in the near future.

I think City should sign him. He's a very good young player who will definitely become a Spanish international.

If they don't keep the best talents within the City family, what is the point of operating other clubs? Either way, there are countless threads where people post talented players and propose that City sign them. Here's one for Arnau Martínez who is going to become a more well known player in the near future.
Sign him and loan him to Girona, oh wait! Whoops

I presume you are his agent or Arnau himself ?

Ok. City might sign him, might not. We have several very talented CB's already.

You can't keep everyone, impossible.

There is one thread, https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/players-who-might-improve-us.307961/unread.

Ok. City might sign him, might not. We have several very talented CB's already.

You can't keep everyone, impossible.

There is one thread, https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/players-who-might-improve-us.307961/unread.
I don't understand the backdoor moderating. There are literally hundreds of threads about players who City have and have not been linked to yet. He is primarily a RB though and fullback remains a position that City are taking a look at especially with Walker's age and Cancelo frankly looking much better at LB than at RB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.