Today's shooting in America thread

Ohio voted to arm teachers after 24hrs worth of training.....
Firearms in this instance are essentially being used in a close protection role and there is NO WAY ON EARTH that 24 hours training is anywhere near enough time to ensure someone is competent enough to undertake that role.

Couldn't agree more, to be honest if there weren't kids involved this would be laughable
To be honest if someone was intent on shooting up a school the potentially armed teacher would be the first one in the sights of the shooter as they burst into the classroom. They'd be dead before their even drew their weapon, which would then give the shooter another weapon and more ammunition.

I almost the the idiots to suggest that teachers desks should be built with an incorporated ballistic shield.

To be honest if someone was intent on shooting up a school the potentially armed teacher would be the first one in the sights of the shooter as they burst into the classroom. They'd be dead before their even drew their weapon, which would then give the shooter another weapon and more ammunition.

I almost the the idiots to suggest that teachers desks should be built with an incorporated ballistic shield.
I'm sure you have seen this......
1655818265183.png
ballistic blankets.... for kids

What about the trainee teachers? Those lessons were always the most fraught.
We had an American trainee teacher from Ohio when I was at High School - MS Wallace. Short arsed feisty Redhead with massive boobs.

She got really upset with me after I had a barney with one of the class knob heads and I pushed him into a shelf. To be honest he could have been seriously injured, but in my defence the tw@t deserved it.

Was at the Jefferson Memorial in DC on a nice run today and took a picture of this quote engraved on the wall thinking of this thread (I can’t upload the photo but trust me . . .)

I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR FREQUENT
CHANGES IN LAWS AND CONSTITUTIONS.
BUT LAWS AND INSTITUTIONS MUST GO
HAND IN HAND WITH THE PROGRESS
OF THE HUMAN MIND. AS THAT BECOMES
MORE DEVELOPED, MORE ENLIGHTENED,
AS NEW DISCOVERIES ARE MADE, NEXT
TRUTHS DISCOVERED AND MANNERS AND
OPINIONS CHANGE, WITH THE CHANGE
OF CIRCUMSTANCES, INSTITUTIONS
MUST ADVANCE ALSO TO KEEP PACE
WITH THE TIMES. WE MIGHT AS WELL
REQUIRE A MAN TO WEAR STILL THE
COAT WHICH FITTED HIM WHEN A BOY
AS CIVILIZED SOCIETY TO REMAIN
EVER UNDER THE REGIMEN OF THEIR
BARBAROUS ANCESTORS.
had a way with words, did Tommy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.