2019 or 2022?

2019 run in was far more stressfull than 2022's. That weekend when they beat Newcastle on the Saturday, then we had to wait till Monday to play Leicester was bloody awful. Then the stress increased tenfold during the match until Kompany did his thing!
Agree, Leicester was the most stressed I've ever been before and during a match.

They were never properly top - just the way the fixtures turned out, they sometimes played before us.

Similarly for us this season it has to be said. We were never really 10+ points clear, Liverpool always had multiple games in hand.

The reverse was the case in 2014 too I think, when they got all giddy and we had two games in hand on them.

Which was your favourite title run-in?

For me, really close call. 2019 was my favourite title win prior to this season just gone, but I’m now really undecided.

In 2019, we were like a machine. And we had the Kompany goal. And the last day at Brighton was magical. The whole day. What a place to win the league. Plus, all the other stuff we won, weighed against the crushing disappointment of the Spurs game.

2022 had a far more dramatic denouement, and we faltered a little more, although at times in the run-in our football was peak-Pep imo. Wolves away springs to mind. As a backdrop, two of our cup exits were hugely disappointing.

Both were utterly incredible.

It’s a really tough call!
How much do you actually remember of Brighton away? You were absolutely trollied.

How much do you actually remember of Brighton away? You were absolutely trollied.
I was completely smashed tbf, but I remember the day very clearly. Beautiful drive down, amazing warm, sunny spring day, started early, about 10am iirc, went to loads of pubs, then the game (where we won the league) met a girl (Ruth) in a pub and got her number, and ended up in the bar of The Grand with @Jordie and @Ric at well gone midnight.

It was a fucking magical day. I will never forget it. What a way to end such an incredible season.

Less drama than 2012 and 2022 but as a complete day involving City it takes some beating.

One of the best days of my life.

2019. City were only behind for a minute at Brighton compared to an hour of agony against Villa. It was good to see Brighton fans giving Kompany an ovation when he was subbed off with five minutes to go in his farewell league match. And a lovely evening along Brighton prom and in the Lanes afterwards.

This year as we won it without the spine that we had in 19...Kun, Silva and Vinnie...this team has now shown it can dig in and battle to the end, got to be a good thing going forward

I was completely smashed tbf, but I remember the day very clearly. Beautiful drive down, amazing warm, sunny spring day, started early, about 10am iirc, went to loads of pubs, then the game (where we won the league) met a girl (Ruth) in a pub and got her number, and ended up in the bar of The Grand with @Jordie and @Ric at well gone midnight.

It was a fucking magical day. I will never forget it. What a way to end such an incredible season.

Less drama than 2012 and 2022 but as a complete day involving City it takes some beating.

You went to bed early, fuckin lightweight ;-)

Don't leave us hanging, what the fuck happened with/to the beautiful Ruth?

Even though it was highly stressful 2019 edges it as we ended up with the Domestic Treble and it was the first time we won back to back league titles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.