World Cup venues 2026 (USA, Mexico, Canada)

What is public transport like in US cities? i know they generally have a car culture so getting around might be a headache for fans

IN cities OK, although can be very infrequent and dodgy at night.

Between cities, you’ll be mixing with the lower end of the food chain and will have to learn to sleep with one eye open.

The above two statements are generalizations (so there are exceptions), but they represent most of what you’d experience.

You can bash the bus/train service in the UK, but it’s 10x better than most places in the USA.

What is public transport like in US cities? i know they generally have a car culture so getting around might be a headache for fans
In the big cities being used for the World Cup public transport is very good.
However some stadiums like Boston / New York, the stadiums are out of town.

Boston - or Foxboro for its correct location - is nearer to Rhode Island than it is to Boston.
When the Patriots play, special trains run along the freight only line right next to the stadium from Boston South Station and from Providence RI.
When New England Revs play the specials don't run making it impossible to get there by public transport (the nearest station being Walpole some 5 miles away)

I suspect for the World Cup the specials will be running.

IN cities OK, although can be very infrequent and dodgy at night.

Between cities, you’ll be mixing with the lower end of the food chain and will have to learn to sleep with one eye open.

The above two statements are generalizations (so there are exceptions), but they represent most of what you’d experience.

You can bash the bus/train service in the UK, but it’s 10x better than most places in the USA.
Most uninformed post ever made on Blue Moon.

I can't speak for Guadalajara and Monterrey (in Mexico obviously) but have been to all the rest.

In general most of those cities actually have decent public transport (including Mexico City, Toronto, & Vancouver);

On the other hand Atlanta, LA, and Houston are horrible - but the rest range from serviceable to actually pretty good. I think Kansas City is busses only but I have no experience with it. The rest are subway or light rail.

The issue is going to be outside the northeast (Philly, NY, Boston) public transport between cities is pretty much nonexistent.

Happy to see Arrowhead chosen, though it's not even close to any of the other venues. It's about 8-9 miles out of the city, right off I-70 so easy to get to, busses available from the city. Lots of footy fans in KC, of course it's not the same but I enjoy myself when I go to watch Sporting. It's just a 2hr drive for me so will definitely try to get to a game.

Most uninformed post ever made on Blue Moon.

Opinions and Ass holes … Everyone has them … seems other posters(Yankblue) above agree with the context of my post .. what do you object too ?

In your post you say, “In the big cities being used for the World Cup public transport is very good.” I have in person experience of using public transport in 6 of the 11 USA cities(stadiums) being used. And post match, after 10pm, it’s not fun. Both from a logistics (transfers/frequency) and comfort (perceived safety) perspective.

My comment is based on using public transport in Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Charlotte, to name but a few larger cities, some of which are on the World Cup rota.

Last edited:
Opinions and Ass holes … Everyone has them … seems other posters(Yankblue) above agree with the context of my post .. what do you object too ?

In your post you say, “In the big cities being used for the World Cup public transport is very good.” I have in person experience of using public transport in 6 of the 11 USA cities(stadiums) being used. And post match, after 10pm, it’s not fun. Both from a logistics (transfers/frequency) and comfort (perceived safety) perspective.

My comment is based on using public transport in Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Charlotte, to name but a few larger cities, some of which are on the World Cup rota.
If you read Yankblue's post he only sites 3 as being bad. The rest he states has a decent public transport system. Hardly endorsing your opinion

You also claim UK public transport is better than USA public transport which is clearly not correct, including the comparable expense of public transport in the two countries.
Then you mention safety..... having travelled on public transport beyond midnight in Boston, NY, LA, Atlanta, Dallas and Philly..... in comparison to riding the last 112 bus from Piccadilly to Moston then I know which one I have felt less safe on.... and it wasn't any of the American cities......

If you read Yankblue's post he only sites 3 as being bad. The rest he states has a decent public transport system. Hardly endorsing your opinion

You also claim UK public transport is better than USA public transport which is clearly not correct, including the comparable expense of public transport in the two countries.
Then you mention safety..... having travelled on public transport beyond midnight in Boston, NY, LA, Atlanta, Dallas and Philly..... in comparison to riding the last 112 bus from Piccadilly to Moston then I know which one I have felt less safe on.... and it wasn't any of the American cities......

Then let’s just say we differ in opinion & experiences, but I’ll refrain from negatively categorizing yours.

However, anyone that thinks that US public transport is superior to UK public transport can’t be taken seriously.

Last edited:
Then let’s just say we differ in opinion & experiences, but I’ll refrain from negatively categorizing yours.

However, anyone that thinks that US public transport is superior to UK public transport can’t be taken seriously.
The UK public transport system is the most expensive in Europe.
You only need to read the thread about Metrolink to the Etihad thread to realise how fucked up the UK system is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.