Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Dormant. No longer in use. The other gas holder is also going at a later date.
That's a shame. It feels like it should be left in place. It's part of the whole area surrounding the stadium. A landmark, of sorts. Give it a coat or three of Berger Marble Moon (what I've just splashed on the kitchen wall) and it'll be as good as new.

That's a shame. It feels like it should be left in place. It's part of the whole area surrounding the stadium. A landmark, of sorts. Give it a coat or three of Berger Marble Moon (what I've just splashed on the kitchen wall) and it'll be as good as new.

my family is from just around the corner and agree it should stay

It'd be ace if they could use the super structure and fit a dome halfway. Think of it as Manchester's Millennium(-ish plus a bit) Dome. That being said the price of scrap metal may outweigh the community's attachment.

Despite Liverpool selling itself on its musical heritage, it’s actually a pretty tough market to sell tickets in. I do a lot of tours and in terms of ticket sales in the UK, London obviously sells the most, with Manchester and Bristol coming in second.
Is your touring to sell confectionery for well known Mancunian acts?

I have Scouse friends. Don't judge me. They're Evertonian. They all prefer gigs outside of Liverpool, though I imagine their new dockside ground will host Elton John's Last Last World Tour, unless Meat Loaf comes back for a Last Last Last World Tour, which wouldn't surprise me (despite obvious barriers).

Booooooo!! It's part of the landscape of that area. I used to live on St Mary's Rd in Moston as a kid and when i went past the abattoir (on Briscoe Land?) the gasometers were the next landmark!

Surely it's not beyond the wit of man to repurpose them somehow?
Should build some flats in them like they do in London. Would be well handy for the match!Gasholders_Kings-Cross_Arup_Argent-1.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.