Discontent that will end the Tory Govt is coming

This attitude in people is a major cause of where we are at the moment. Everything is on lease/hire purchase these days and no one knows the value of anything anymore.

Also, as everything is bought like this, the initial cost of things has soared as a result.

A car I bought new in 2006 was £6,500. The equivalent model today would cost me £18,500.

No one gives a fuck about anybody outside of their family these days, maybe a few years where they can’t afford things they don’t need will do some good.
What like cars? Food? Fuel? Heating?

when I last changed I went onto a deal where they bill me and I pay them - no DD no nothing as I was sick of them holding my money as they could never get it right.

Now it may not be the cheapest tariff BUT.....Q1 this year - £603 so about equivalent of £200pm. Q2 just now - £455 and thats with the April increase so down to about £150pm.

Suits me fine - any "spare" money is in my account not theirs and I don't think even with the next uplift I won't hit £3k for the year - I have taken back control lol
Have done exactly the same mate. Calculate what I burn on a monthly basis and transfer it to a separate account.

by next Easter all they will have is " Getting all the big calls right" whilst the evidence of our eyes and ears will be the polar opposite
Fixing strikes is Labour's job
Fixing Brexit is the EU's job
Fixing inflation is Putin's job
Fixing cost of living is workers' job
Fixing housing is immigrants' job
And fixing immigration is Rwanda's job

But we have to keep Boris, cos he gets things done!

He does believe in the Narcissist's Prayer though:

That didn’t happen.
And if it did, it wasn’t that bad.
And if it was, that’s not a big deal.
And if it is, that’s not my fault.
And if it was, I didn’t mean it.
And if I did… you deserved it.

I think I read somewhere that pensions were going up 10%?
Any state pension increase now will just be gobbled up by the whopping increase in energy prices coming this autumn. Seeing their pension increase may appease pensioners now, but as the temperatures drop from October onwards, they'll be in just as bad a position as everyone else. Come the winter, the 'summer of discontent' will feel like "good times, noodle salad"!

Yes, no, no and no.
Lot of people need cars. Not everyone has recourse to a fantastic integrated public transport system. Particularly when it’s at a standstill through strike action.
as for the other three, this is going to impact a great many people for things they do need. That will be evident in the second half of this year.

Lady on TV this morning saying people struggling with lease cars etc, lots of people in the shit very very soon. I would hope it will stop people living in credit, however I thought after lockdown people might have a change in attitude and no they went back to been bellends in fact worse.
Something I've been keeping an eye on. The number of families round us who clearly own cars that significantly outweigh their spending power, so can only assume are renting them on HP, is ridiculous and i can only imagine it's going to get messy. On a plus side however, their fucking annoying kids might wind their necks in when they take the piss out of kids without cars or who don't have a fucking range rover. We might own a 20 year old polo, but we own it.

Last edited:
Lot of people need cars. Not everyone has recourse to a fantastic integrated public transport system. Particularly when it’s at a standstill through strike action.
as for the other three, this is going to impact a great many people for things they do need. That will be evident in the second half of this year.
True, but they don’t need the £80k car on a £600 pcm lease.

Something I've been keeping an eye on. The number of families round us who clearly own cars that significantly outweigh their spending power, so can only assume are renting them on HP, is ridiculous and i can only imagine it's going to get messy. On a plus side however, their fucking annoying kids might wind their necks in when they take the piss out of kids without cars or who don't own a fucking range rover. We might own a 20 year old polo, but we own it.
I can’t keep mine for more than 10 minutes without it disolving.

I hope there is a massive General Strike this summer, its obvious the narcistic liar is not prepared to resign so he has to be forced out.

Either that or a full scale revolution. The obnoxious odious right has to be removed one way or another. The country can not afford any more years of this Tory nonsense and its dismantling of the country,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.