Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice is so limited. He can run box to box thats about it.
He’s no where near our level, he’s also extortionately priced and I’d be keeping an eye on the ‘lads culture’ that could be created with more signings like this….
I have been really impressed with Rice each time I see him play. He's strong, composed on the ball, surprisingly fast, great engine, good awareness of danger, immaculate timing of tackling, excellent passing etc. There's a reason he's a very high price, he consistently performs. I would much prefer him to Phillips.

I have been really impressed with Rice each time I see him play. He's strong, composed on the ball, surprisingly fast, great engine, good awareness of danger, immaculate timing of tackling, excellent passing etc. There's a reason he's a very high price, he consistently performs. I would much prefer him to Phillips.
Who would love the bench more, Rice or Rodri?

We don't have 2 world class players for each position.
And there's a reason for that. Ask the players.

Also, 2 players with a rather identical profile for 1 position would not be too smart.

Who would love the bench more, Rice or Rodri?

We don't have 2 world class players for each position.
And there's a reason for that. Ask the players.

Also, 2 players with a rather identical profile for 1 position would not be too smart.
Fair point, Rodri has played very well recently but his lack of speed is a potential weakness. Rice would certainly challenge him for first choice far more than Phillips. It seems strange to settle for acknowledged lesser standards and to be buying for squad depth when our first choice has a weakness. I suppose our budget has limitations, fair enough.

Me too. Think he is very talented.......hence the big price tag I suppose. Looks to me also that he could play centre back too

Don't think bernie is going nor do I want him to go. But thinking about long term replacements anyone think rice could be our box to box midfielder? Or do you think we would go down the smaller low gravity dribbler???
I think Bellingham.
We haven't got a player like Yaya in the squad and to me Bellingham is the one who looks like he could be that player.

Don't think bernie is going nor do I want him to go. But thinking about long term replacements anyone think rice could be our box to box midfielder? Or do you think we would go down the smaller low gravity dribbler???
I ask myself what are his main strengths, so
keeps the ball
workrate
Passing
Dribbles
goals and finishing
Then he can play wide or centrally either as an 8 or a bit deeper.
For me they are all qualities Foden has shown and developed over the recent years. So my ideal Bernardo replacement when the day comes would be Foden. Maybe in a couple of years instead of KDB Bernardo Gundogan we'll see KDB Foden Bellingham. Of course that then raises the question who replaces KDB :)

Berny is 27, kev is 31 in just under a week, so it could be a case of only 2 more years of Kev especially with the injuries he's had. If that is the case then Berny could be the main stay in his last year of his current deal & sign a new deal

Berny is 27, kev is 31 in just under a week, so it could be a case of only 2 more years of Kev especially with the injuries he's had. If that is the case then Berny could be the main stay in his last year of his current deal & sign a new deal

Very unlikely to stay, i imagine we already offering him a better contract with more money and yet he didn't sign one.

He will stay for one more season and after that he will get sold with lower price than this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.