Hard men of football

Who is the hard man leader?

• Total voters
Souness for me. Proper leader of men.
McMahon was a playground bully and would hide at times.
Jones was a thug.
Keane only flourished due to the gpc influencing matters from the side lines.
Largely agree, though Souness was a dirty **** as a player - when he didn't need to be given his ability as a footballer.

I have always maintained that if you give it you have to take it as well. Some of the players from generations back were genuinely 'hard men.' But in all fairness most of them knew they would be getting it back - with interest. Big Dave McKay, Ron Harris, Billy Bremner etc.
But it was the cowardly bastards like the Ginger Pig (Scholes) who was good at dishing out a few ankle-breakers, but didn't want to know when others wanted to retaliate. A real bastard coward, away from the protection of Gill, the Pisscan, the media and all the plastics that hero worshipped the dwarf, he was gutless.
The same as Ratboy: another snide coward with a lot say and do when surrounded by friends and colleagues, not so much when he's on his own.

I have got to be honest. I have no recollection of Souness playing but my Dad speaks very highly of him.

Souness from that list.
Keane was not hard, just protected.
Jones put McMahon in his place in the cup final. Deliberately got him early in the game and McMahon went hiding the rest of it.
Didnt Jones one say thst Mick Hartford was the hardest player he ever played against.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.