Stefan Ortega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleased about this.

Steffen had some good games for us and looked pretty promising when he first turned up, but I don’t think he was ever going to be good enough with his feet to do what we asked of him. Not a bad goalie, just a different one to what we currently require, and that FA Cup semi wouldn’t have helped.

Alison 9.5
Ederson 8.8
Courtois 8.7
Ramsdale 8.1
Ortega 3.9
De Gea 3.3

are the crosses stopped % (per 90) comparison i could find.

Yeah that doesnt look great then. Although I'd be lying if I said I knew what defines a cross stopped; for all I know he might have three 7ft centrebacks getting to them before him.

Some of his stats are scarily bad , not keen
I would not just go for the stats as he played for a relegation team in which he really stood out. But he is a modern goalkeeper with some build up skills that was talked about a lot in the recent months as a transfer to be reserve keeper behind Neuer. The second keeper behind Neuer nearly ever gets game time - one game a year - so that and keeping Ulreich who is solid when he plays and a factor in team chemistry probably made Bayern (or Ortega) not to make the move. Zack Steffen atleast got some minutes in the cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.