João Félix

Never seen the guy have a single outstanding game, for club or country. Lot of hype though.
People just know that Atletico paid a fortune to get him and assume that must mean he is world class and blame his failure to deliver on the pitch on Simeone. If Atletico would have paid 30m for him he would have been rumored to join Wolves based on his performances the last 3 years, not City. With that said, I back Pep to get the best out of anyone and I'm sure he would turn out great if we would sign him (which I dont think we will).

People just know that Atletico paid a fortune to get him and assume that must mean he is world class and blame his failure to deliver on the pitch on Simeone. If Atletico would have paid 30m for him he would have been rumored to join Wolves based on his performances the last 3 years, not City. With that said, I back Pep to get the best out of anyone and I'm sure he would turn out great if we would sign him (which I dont think we will).
A shame Pep didn’t get the best out Nolito, Mendy, Bravo…

A shame Pep didn’t get the best out Nolito, Mendy, Bravo…
He probably did with Nolito.

Mendy got injured and, well, you know.

Bravo did alright too and was a victim of a defence learning how to play Pepball.

For whatever reason, our keepers always get more stick than they should, apart from Joe Hart, who fans decided they couldn’t criticise.

Goal or Assist every 163 minutes put him about par with Jesus last season (157)
42 goals/assist in 73 starts

Massively underachieved from Benfica though, shows how good an agent Mino was when you compare this kid to Haalands trajectory.
Stats are rubbish. Goals and assist when he was allowed to play. Decent vs poor opposition to brighten up the stats.

Last lines are what he is all about. Definitely not an improvement for Jesus. Unless Pep can do another miracle and bring his talent back.

Bravo did alright too and was a victim of a defence learning how to play Pepball.

For whatever reason, our keepers always get more stick than they should, apart from Joe Hart, who fans decided they couldn’t criticise.

Plenty unfortunately criticised Joe,especially after he left the club,not giving it one thought about how many times he had saved us and got motm on a lot of occasions,Bravo was fucking worse than Immel and Suckling and that’s saying something

Sorry AHT but Bravo was 99% a disaster.
Had he been given a more indulgent debut than an away derby then he might have built his confidence and been much more reliable, but I genuinely believe his obvious nerves that day had a long term effect on his future performances.
He never really recovered from that shaky derby debut, notwithstanding that we won the game and his later penalty shootout heroics in the Carabao etc
He was certainly a better keeper than we ever really saw at City but I also think he was probably just on the wrong side of past his best when we signed him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.