British Airways workers vote to strike

I still don't get why Labour - and for that matter all the other political parties, are not 'forcing' their way onto every news channel, onto all social media platforms and getting print space in all the newspapers and shouting from the rooftops about this terrible, disgusting avarice, I still find it hard to believe that this is going on and no one is really challenging this lot in power. For me this situation should be manner from heaven for the Labour party, I just don't see or hear much at all, in the meantime we get to hear story after story of greed and hunger.

I still don't get why Labour - and for that matter all the other political parties, are not 'forcing' their way onto every news channel, onto all social media platforms and getting print space in all the newspapers and shouting from the rooftops about this terrible, disgusting avarice, I still find it hard to believe that this is going on and no one is really challenging this lot in power. For me this situation should be manner from heaven for the Labour party, I just don't see or hear much at all, in the meantime we get to hear story after story of greed and hunger.

What do you mean?

The previous Labour party did just that and was conspired against in the media (owned by billionaires) to convince people to vote against their best interests.

This Labour party iteration is a far cry from the trade union birthing as mentioned by Mr Lynch of the RMT.

This version of Labour is a softer version of the Con Party, trying to appeal to everyone or a jack of all trades being master of none.

The only reason they'll get in is by being the UK version of the US Dem party voting against something rather than voting for (for Trump, see Johnson).

Modern politics is a real problem.

What do you mean?

The previous Labour party did just that and was conspired against in the media (owned by billionaires) to convince people to vote against their best interests.

This Labour party iteration is a far cry from the trade union birthing as mentioned by Mr Lynch of the RMT.

This version of Labour is a softer version of the Con Party, trying to appeal to everyone or a jack of all trades being master of none.

The only reason they'll get in is by being the UK version of the US Dem party voting against something rather than voting for (for Trump, see Johnson).

Thought Lynch pretty much nailed Labours predicament in this segment, especially given the further disruption that appears to be on the horizon.

Thought Lynch pretty much nailed Labours predicament in this segment, especially given the further disruption that appears to be on the horizon.

The biggest problem labour have is that this is not the 50's or 60's they have to be a modern party. Labour appeal to the middle classes now, the true working class have been forgotten about and sneered at for too long.

If Labour get a Corbyn type in they are not getting in, if they get a shiny Tory type in they stand a chance, that's the long and the short of it and all the pontification isn't going to change that.

The biggest problem labour have is that this is not the 50's or 60's they have to be a modern party. Labour appeal to the middle classes now, the true working class have been forgotten about and sneered at for too long.

If Labour get a Corbyn type in they are not getting in, if they get a shiny Tory type in they stand a chance, that's the long and the short of it and all the pontification isn't going to change that.

I disagree.

If people were to make their own minds up without media influence opining on what they should think, you would see a sea change in politics.

If the media went back to stating 'truth to power' they would be trusted more. We've been told, in the last few weeks, of the suppression of public reaction to Corbyn politics.

Do you know what the irony was, most of all? That, apparently, people disliked Corbyn's dishevelled appearance and yet we've seen an entirely scruffy Johnson, shirt out, unkempt hair, looking like he's just woken up!

It's just ridiculous!

I disagree.

If people were to make their own minds up without media influence opining on what they should think, you would see a sea change in politics.

If the media went back to stating 'truth to power' they would be trusted more. We've been told, in the last few weeks, of the suppression of public reaction to Corbyn politics.

Do you know what the irony was, most of all? That, apparently, people disliked Corbyn's dishevelled appearance and yet we've seen an entirely scruffy Johnson, shirt out, unkempt hair, looking like he's just woken up!

It's just ridiculous!

The media is here, as I said it isn't the 50's or 60's and this is what we have. Moreover who is checking the fact checker, who is the arbiter of truth?

There is a hell of a lot of "People must be stupid to vote for something I don't agree with" knocking around. The Labour membership echo chamber didn't forsee the murdering they got in the last GE, it's not the media who are to blame for these fuck ups it's the social media echo chambers a lot of these shouty buggers frequent that make it seem to them that the only opinion people have are their opinion.

What do you mean?

Agree with what you say, and modern politics is a real problem, but for the foreseeable it's all we've got. These massively greedy companies/people have always been around but now they are not even trying to hide it and no one - and by no one I do mean the 'opposition' parties seems to be shouting what's really going on from the rooftops, there are so many people in the country that are hugely affected by what's going on but they don't have the voice they should have.

The media is here, as I said it isn't the 50's or 60's and this is what we have. Moreover who is checking the fact checker, who is the arbiter of truth?

There is a hell of a lot of "People must be stupid to vote for something I don't agree with" knocking around. The Labour membership echo chamber didn't forsee the murdering they got in the last GE, it's not the media who are to blame for these fuck ups it's the social media echo chambers a lot of these shouty buggers frequent that make it seem to them that the only opinion people have are their opinion.

I think I understand what you're saying, but I think you miss the answer to the issue you've raised, but I agree about 'who becomes the arbiter of truth?'.

"The Labour membership echo chamber didn't forsee the murdering they got in the last GE" stands out to me, because without these voices hammering on about wage disparity and working conditions, we wouldn't have strikes and such and big companies would never be challenged.

Also, if the legacy media didn't make these voices the "enemy", the country would reflect problems better as these voices would be in party issues the party alone dealt with.

Just remember the media added to forcing public opinions of "how are we going to pay for it?", "antisemitism", "unfit", etc.

Social media is, actually, not anywhere as influential as legacy media who cater for the majority of people that go out to vote.

I think I understand what you're saying, but I think you miss the answer to the issue you've raised, but I agree about 'who becomes the arbiter of truth?'.

"The Labour membership echo chamber didn't forsee the murdering they got in the last GE" stands out to me, because without these voices hammering on about wage disparity and working conditions, we wouldn't have strikes and such and big companies would never be challenged.

Also, if the legacy media didn't make these voices the "enemy", the country would reflect problems better as these voices would be in party issues the party alone dealt with.

Just remember the media added to forcing public opinions of "how are we going to pay for it?", "antisemitism", "unfit", etc.

Social media is, actually, not anywhere as influential as legacy media who cater for the majority of people that go out to vote.

The shift from traditional Labour voters to the middle classes have damaged Labour beyond repair IMHO. The Tories at least lied to the traditional working class before they fucked them over.

You've seen it on here where people are genuinely suggesting that certain people shouldn't be allowed to vote, that isn't tongue in cheek either. If the Tories are the devil then the staunch far lefters are the devil in waiting.

Those are our choices and it isn't great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.