The Fantasy Thread (no not that you perv)

For any book/audiobook lovers the king of Space Opera's is definitely Peter F. Hamilton.

The Great North Road is a great stand-alone book to get into his writing and The Commonwealth Saga is really good as well.

But his Magnus Opus is definitely The Nights Dawn Trilogy. 3 of the best Sci-Fi books I've ever listened too and each one clocks in at over 40 hours each!

I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of that Shannara show. Absolutely awful. I'm hoping for better with the new LOTR show but have my doubts!

The Shannara series was weirdly awful, and didn't remotely match my memory of the books.

The LOTR series will be interesting as it's based on only a few pages of book. I fear it may be awful!

I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of that Shannara show. Absolutely awful. I'm hoping for better with the new LOTR show but have my doubts!
You missed out. The epic giant battle between millions if Daemons and the elven Castle got reduced to about 20 guys in bad costumes larping in some woods. Hilariously shit

The Shannara series was weirdly awful, and didn't remotely match my memory of the books.

The LOTR series will be interesting as it's based on only a few pages of book. I fear it may be awful!

the first series is costing Amazon almost $500M to make. Thats almost as much as the entire Peter Jackson trilogy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.