Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you guys think we will play 3-5-2 more often next season? especially in big games
I think we have too many attackers for that.

I think next season I expect us to go double wide attacking fullbacks with that favouring Cucurella and Cancelo.

A midfield two of Rodri/Phillips with Bernie/Gundogan.

And then 4 attackers ahead of them from:
Haaland, Alvarez, KdB, Foden, Grealish, Mahrez as the main options with Palmer and McAtee as the 7th and 8th choice for those 4 spots.

I have no doubt he will be a bargain buy,at that price,we cannot underestimate the power of Peps coaching and the improvement in his game he can make.He is a solid English internationa,contributed well to the national team,the fact that he wants to come to improve his game says a lot about his char and ambition,excellent buy for me.
Yorkshire is quite a mine for us now with Walker,Stones and now Phillips.

Didn’t realise until today that my nephew played with him at various levels when they were younger, including for Huddersfield’s academy. Not really important I know, but he couldn’t have been more fulsome in his praise for him as a person. A really nice guy by all accounts.

I have no doubt he will be a bargain buy,at that price,we cannot underestimate the power of Peps coaching and the improvement in his game he can make.He is a solid English internationa,contributed well to the national team,the fact that he wants to come to improve his game says a lot about his char and ambition,excellent buy for me.
Yorkshire is quite a mine for us now with Walker,Stones and now Phillips.

Hear this alot, so what exactly is the "power of Peps coaching" .....if it was that good, then none of the players would get slagged off, which they do! and the match day forum would actually be readable occasionally! ;)
Phillips is at best a weird signing, he probably has the least technical ability, and worst first touch of any player we have signed since Leslie was manager.
He runs alot and likes a tackle....attributes only even thought about in the UK, and always used for players lacking technical ability.

This made me smile. He's not alone though, social media is full of Leeds fans who reckon we've pulled their pants down.....

But Leeds fans opinions on his price is not a set gold standard though. They would always overprice their players like villa fans that were saying 100m is too small for their player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.