Samuel Edozie | Southampton Player

Most likely like the other deals with our youth, there will be a sell on clause, and potentially (although less likely) and buyback clause.

We do right by the kids and try to find them places to get there career on track, Leverkusen is a great place for Edozie to tear it up since it is such an attacking league.

It's pretty necessary.

Almost the entire EDS team needs to be moved on for 2 reasons:

1) There isn't much of a point to playing more than 1 season of EDS, for there careers they need to move on and

2) We have a huge bunch of U18s who need to be moved up and so naturally the EDS have to leave for space

This is gonna happen I think about every 2 years of massive clearouts with a year between of a minor clearout.
Spot on, it's not like we can replace the first team every season so most will move on. It's the nature of the game. Our standards are so high nowadays that they'll all be in demand somewhere and there is always the chance that some will come back in the future. The income from the academy is becoming ever more important too.

This is the price of our success and the standard we require.

Unfortunately very talented kids who may or may not make it will be moved on without being given an opportunity to prove either way.

Only a minute percentage.....the ultra talented,impossible to ignore,will be promoted.

The odds of making it from an academy to playing in the prem were described as being comparable to being hit by a meteorite. So fairly slim.
Next best thing give a number of talented young people the best football and general education and try and help those who don’t become disillusioned find a toehold in the big game.
I think we do a brilliant job with our academy and I’m not surprised youngsters want to sign up however long the odds of success.
Keep churning and find the occasional diamond to polish or sell on I say.
Who remembers the era when we had to sell the youth team mini bus to help find the funds for Trevor Francis?

That's a decent fee for him to be fair. He could end up like Sancho or more like Matondo. It's hard to tell!

Speedy and tricky but he's not got the X factor like Palmer.

There's no chance they are paying £10m and giving him only a 2 year contract. At least one of those reports must be way off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.