David Raum

agree with this, went completely under the rader as he played for a poor getafe side.

Great scouting from Brighton.
Saw him play for Getafe at the Mestalla in 2019. He was IMO the best player on the pitch. Great touch, sharp, tuned in defensively and what I wouldn't now give for some of that hair!! Agreed absolute steal for Brighton and surprised, given his Barca heritage, that we, probably down to the personnel we had at the time? never took a real look, or perhaps we did.

More possible that we will make a deal with our partner SAP who is an owner of Hoffenheim than negotiating with Brighton. When was the last time some team lowered their price tag? I don't remember. We have always paid what they want. Paying 35-40M£ is acceptable, 50M£ for decent players is not acceptable.

More possible that we will make a deal with our partner SAP who is an owner of Hoffenheim than negotiating with Brighton. When was the last time some team lowered their price tag? I don't remember. We have always paid what they want. Paying 35-40M£ is acceptable, 50M£ for decent players is not acceptable.
More possible we just pay the 50 for they guy they want.

Still an option perhaps though with Liverpool and United maybe considering an offer for Raum it will be interesting to see how long City stick with Cucurella if the clubs are too far apart on valuation.

You're talking about a £2M-per-season difference between £40M and £50M amortised over a five-year contract. It makes very little difference to us

You're talking about a £2M-per-season difference between £40M and £50M amortised over a five-year contract. It makes very little difference to us
That’s not how City do business. We won’t pay more than he is worth to us we will go elsewhere. If Brighton want 10 million more than our Valuation there is no chance.

It just sets a bad precedent and we still have FFP following us around.

That’s not how City do business. We won’t pay more than he is worth to us we will go elsewhere. If Brighton want 10 million more than our Valuation there is no chance.

It just sets a bad precedent and we still have FFP following us around.

I would have thought “we won’t pay more than we’re willing to pay” was fairly self-evident

My response was to a poster who felt £40M would be reasonable but £50M beyond the pale. Nothing at all to do with what City value the player at

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.