New “UEFA Financial Sustainability” rules

Calling @Prestwich_Blue. We need a friendly simple run down of these new rules so idiots like myself can understand them. Together with PL new rules, it will be a nightmare. So simple for our enemies to tie us in knots with fake complaints.
I don’t do twitter, so following Swiss Ramble is a bit harder.

Calling @Prestwich_Blue. We need a friendly simple run down of these new rules so idiots like myself can understand them. Together with PL new rules, it will be a nightmare. So simple for our enemies to tie us in knots with fake complaints.
I don’t do twitter, so following Swiss Ramble is a bit harder.
You don’t have to ‘do’ Twitter to read it. Just click the links and read

:-)

Is it still OK to be 600 million in debt
Apparently so, as long as payables (eg loan repayments) don't become overdue. I struggle to understand the legitimacy of that model within a scheme to allegedly promote sustainability.
I was surprised to read that most EPL clubs (exceptions AFC and CFC) were within striking distance of the 70% spend cap and, since these numbers were from a covid season, that should improve further. THFC were as low as 43%, Harry will be knocking on the door for a better pay rise..!!

Wonder if this will hold up development of the North stand as its now accountable within FFP

Suprised at the infrastructure element. United and Barca spring to mind who have stadiums falling to pieces and need massive amounts spent on them. How can any club effectively build new stands / stadiums if that cost counts towards FFP? No suprise this comes just as Madrid are finishing off their billion pound upgrade of their stadium.

As I see it we've played damn near every game it is possible for a PL team to play in the last 5yrs or so... getting to finals/semi finals... therefore we have been featured on TV and in the media more than nearly every team in the PL, which means our sponsors have certainly had 'bang for their buck'!
Add to that, the negative posts on social media actually work for us too – the bitter opposition fans whinging about us means that City are featured massively on social media - every time one of these numpties post a picture of a blue, that's more exposure for Etihad for example.
'Fair Value' will be very hard to enforce (unless it's stupidly over-the-top) and I can see legal challenges coming from it.
The authorities will rely on comparisons between clubs, which neatly ignores a sponsor‘s reason for choosing a particular club. For example, if I am launching a new venture aimed at young people in Nigeria, I may favour Arsenal for their tv exposure there and that might be worth a premium.

Suprised at the infrastructure element. United and Barca spring to mind who have stadiums falling to pieces and need massive amounts spent on them. How can any club effectively build new stands / stadiums if that cost counts towards FFP? No suprise this comes just as Madrid are finishing off their billion pound upgrade of their stadium.

Because they’ll just get a massive loan and if it’s within what they can pay a month it’s fine!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.