Iconic goals

A selection of iconic headers from me

Hinchy - the best headed goal ever

Dzeko’s wonderful reverse header at Spurs

Bish’s flying swallow in the 5-1

Gundog’s diving header in the dying minutes of a cup QF at Everton - just imagine the scenes had fans been there

And last, as it’s fading from my memory, but certainly not least, Clive’s diving header to beat Liverpool 1-0

Taylor against Stoke at home in Dec 1998. First time in ages we had won from being behind. First time the gloom was lifted, and it changed the mentality of both the fans and players.

Without this goal, no playoffs, no Gillingham, no promotion. This goal is, in my opinion, the most important in our history after 93.20. This goal stopped the rot.
The belief and mood swing from that one goal was amazing. we were flat and were thinking about another year amongst the dead men. I didnt often go in Main stand, but was that match. Stoke knew the mood had changed as they tried to get into the Kippax from the North stand, behind the Gene kelly. A few lads went round 't' back and made sure they didnt. Coming away after the match had finished with the impetus from that game was why we went up.

Who can forget Craig Russells goal at York away. I dont even remember Craig Russell never mind the goal ;-)

maybe not iconic but jim melroses goal against notts county about 85 ive looked everywhere but i cant find any footage of it,I remember when it went in we all looked at each stunned as if to say did that really happen? then after about a minute we cheered anybody who was there will know what im going on about best goal ever at maine road imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.