Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, according to the Dail Fail we are about to sign Raheem Sterling from Chelsea for 45 Mill. Brilliant bit of business if true

I am sure old-school LFC fans were fed up of the media pressure put on them achieving the supposed "Impossible Quadruple" ?

Media headlines such as the "Quad Squad" and the "Class of 2022" were picked up and quoted by the social media LFC fans.

However, the vast majority of neutrals I know (now live in the North East), turned against Liverpool because of the media expectancy. Believe it or not, City are still seen by many other team's fans as being an understated club.

I much prefer City sneaking under the radar, which is admittedly getting harder. However if the Bookies make City 2nd favourites, it's ok with me.

Correct.

It’s like every player who once upon a time played for United or one of their youth teams no matter how few games he played, will always get mention as a United ex-player.

Just now on SSN Andy Goram ex Rangers and ex Manchester United has died.

I’m surprised the rest of the league aren’t up in arms at the continual squeezing of these **** and their name into every fuck news item or match report.

And SKY would'nt give a flying fuck if they did .

Thay are feeding the lemmings and fuckwis and perfectly know their target audience

Correct.

It’s like every player who once upon a time played for United or one of their youth teams no matter how few games he played, will always get mention as a United ex-player.

Just now on SSN Andy Goram ex Rangers and ex Manchester United has died.

I’m surprised the rest of the league aren’t up in arms at the continual squeezing of these **** and their name into every fuck news item or match report.
He played two games for them

I am sure old-school LFC fans were fed up of the media pressure put on them achieving the supposed "Impossible Quadruple" ?

Media headlines such as the "Quad Squad" and the "Class of 2022" were picked up and quoted by the social media LFC fans.

However, the vast majority of neutrals I know (now live in the North East), turned against Liverpool because of the media expectancy. Believe it or not, City are still seen by many other team's fans as being an understated club.

I much prefer City sneaking under the radar, which is admittedly getting harder. However if the Bookies make City 2nd favourites, it's ok with me.
They don’t, we’re odds on to win it.

Bookies can only base their odds on what went before and a crystal ball.
Perhaps when they first make their book on a market but, after that, adjustments will be balanced according to betting volume to maximise/minimise p/l respectively...
These days they literally can't lose if they want to take small profits, every time, by laying their own book and backing the same 'horse' at slightly, or sometimes hugely, bigger odds on betfair (other exchanges are available...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.