Subbuteo

Bobby the blue

Team supported
Manchester city
Growing up in the 80s and 90s subbeto was right of passage for most young lads of that era.
I remember having the pristine green pitch laid out on my bedroom floor and if I was good my parents would put it out on the dinner table. Used to get easily ruffled up though.

Used to love going to the toy shop and picking out a new set and then as my collection grew purchasing the floodlights and then dug outs and then a few stands. For some reason used to love orange adidas tango football I got for it.

Great days. Was something I wish I/my parents had kept hold off but sadly it was all either sold at a boot fair or given away.

Such innocent fun and used to spend hours playing it when I was younger.

Anyone still have the sets or any ex avid players.

Growing up in the 80s and 90s subbeto was right of passage for most young lads of that era.
I remember having the pristine green pitch laid out on my bedroom floor and if I was good my parents would put it out on the dinner table. Used to get easily ruffled up though.

Used to love going to the toy shop and picking out a new set and then as my collection grew purchasing the floodlights and then dug outs and then a few stands. For some reason used to love orange adidas tango football I got for it.

Great days. Was something I wish I/my parents had kept hold off but sadly it was all either sold at a boot fair or given away.

Such innocent fun and used to spend hours playing it when I was younger.

Anyone still have the sets or any ex avid players.
Used to play in the 60s/70s we had a league of around six of us. I had two teams, city in sky blue strip then the red and black so I could play them home and away. I’m not sure we followed the rules to the letter of the law and some of us were more adept at the dark arts than others. We normally played on a table using a felt under cloth which kept everything pristine. Unfortunately when we played on the floor as I had to at some away games, the team ran the risk of being stood on which required a fix of melting the legs of the broken player onto the base. I’m afraid my Colin Bell suffered that ignominy.

I don’t have anything left. Brings back some happy memories though.

I was never into Subbuteo. I did love this game though and spent many happy hours playing this with my mates.
Anyone else have this game - despite it being endorsed by a creepy guy in a red sweater?
You needed a marble (remember them) to play the game.

Attachments

• 7865ECFF-CE4B-45A2-AEEC-9C77E2334B24.jpeg
    7865ECFF-CE4B-45A2-AEEC-9C77E2334B24.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 66
I loved subbuteo in the 80s. I obviously had city teams but also had brazil, everton and sheff weds for no reason whatsoever

There was a shop in stockport called, i think, Toys n Hobbies? On princess street. That was my subbuteo stockist of choice

Same for me. Toy & Hobby was brilliant. Can still remember the green plastic floor.

Had all sorts if different goals and balls. In terms of teams, i had England, Scotland, Brazil, N. Ireland, Spain and City. Tried to avoid colour clashes!

I was never into Subbuteo. I did love this game though and spent many happy hours playing this with my mates.
Anyone else have this game - despite it being endorsed by a creepy guy in a red sweater?
You needed a marble (remember them) to play the game.

I think i had that, had forgotten all about it! Never seen the box before though, that would have put me off for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.