Subbuteo

Didn’t even know there was a cricket and rugby version. You learn something new every day.

Avid player in the 70's lost interest when they brought out the over-plastic over-straight players I'm guessing early 80's?

When I grew up, my old man stored everything away in the loft, when they moved house I reclaimed it and made a lot of money on ebay. Also had subbuteo rugby and cricket, both of which made more money than the football teams

I had the Rugby, the scrummager and kicker were both good, but the overall game lacked a bit of something.

Never played the cricket - i had Test Match cricket, which was pretty fun.

Still got all my Subbuteo in a big box under my bed; I've got about 20/30 various teams, about 3 or 4 pitches, floodlights, stadiums, fencing, trophies, ball-boys etc...etc...etc. Loads of it and pretty much all of it still in their original boxes.

I was going to sell it on ebay a few years back but couldn't bear to go through all the bullshit that goes with it (photos, packaging, posting).

I've got a feeling that I've missed the boat on making any money on it as kids these days aren't interested if it's not computerised, so under the bed it'll stay.

I never owned Subbuteo so I had to rely on the kid next door who had a set. Like all Dads, I made up for missing out when I bought a set in the 80s er…for my son obviously, honest.

Still got all my Subbuteo in a big box under my bed; I've got about 20/30 various teams, about 3 or 4 pitches, floodlights, stadiums, fencing, trophies, ball-boys etc...etc...etc. Loads of it and pretty much all of it still in their original boxes.

I was going to sell it on ebay a few years back but couldn't bear to go through all the bullshit that goes with it (photos, packaging, posting).

I've got a feeling that I've missed the boat on making any money on it as kids these days aren't interested if it's not computerised, so under the bed it'll stay.
think most of my stuff was bought by collectors as the only things which didn't sell were out of original boxes

I had the Rugby, the scrummager and kicker were both good, but the overall game lacked a bit of something.

Never played the cricket - i had Test Match cricket, which was pretty fun.
I agree, used to use the kickers for corners in the football, bit powerful but better than the football versions I believe

Subbuteo cricket was bloody brilliant. I remember playing test matches which seemed to take days to complete. I remember how the batting worked and the fielding/catching but cant for the life of me remember how the bowling worked. If I remember correctly you could vary between fast bowling and spin.
it was a cardboard figure with a little metal triangle behind it, so when you flipped it forward the ball flew over its head vaguely in the direction of the wicket :)

varying between spin and seam was done by altering the angle of the little triangle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.