Those three goals…

Sorry still will always be Agüero's goal for me first and foremost. It was the rags, we hadn't won the league in my lifetime, and I can hear a perfect replica in my head of the "Balotelli... Aguer-ooooooooooo" call every time I think of it.

Admittedly, I never thought any league title race would ever come close emotionally to 93:20 again and the Villa game did that which is an amazing achievement in of itself. Right down to the same sick feeling for 30-40 minutes of "how? How? HOW?!?! have we done this to ourselves yet again?" Only to come back from the brink one more time. Glorious.

Reckon I’ve relived those more in my head these last few weeks than I did Sergio’s goal in the summer of 2012. And that was on high repeat!

It’s definitely up there with pretty much anything I’ve experienced watching City.

The stadium was alive. The noise for the third was incredible. The way the momentum in the game just switched. That cross from Raheem! What a thing to experience. Went for a drink afterwards with @Rammy Blue but I was completely shot. Mentally exhausted. Had to go home early.

An amazing day.
I can't disagree with what you say pal but even when Coutinho scored Villa's 2nd on 69 minutes i felt it wasn't over, and I felt quite calm thinking in it wasn't over, i thought we had it in us to turn it round . I just felt we still had something even though i kept glancing at the clock ticking down. Without going into much further details up stepped Gundogan on 82 mins and the rest is history, as they say. I went in the Summerbee bar after the game and bumped into a drunken @Didsbury Dave and we both rejoiced the occasion to then talk about fishing. Lol: )

However, i was at the semi and final in 2011 when Yaya scored in both games and for me that was more monumental an occasion and achievement because we went into unfamiliar territory when the final whistle blew, certainly since the distant memory of the 76 League Cup final win. The moment Yaya struck the goal i could see the bullet like trajectory from behind the goal. All my pent up frustrations from being there at every disappointing relegation under Swales dissolved instantly into sheer exhilaration, and being a long suffering blue suddenly made sense from many years of hurt frustration and piss taking from gleeful rags. For me that moment meant we had not only caught up with the rags but demoralised them into them thinking we were here for the long haul, twas such a defining moment up there with the Dikov equaliser and the Aguero moment.

And the Aguero moment was a very special moment but we'd (it seemed) already arrived(to me) by winning the FA cup the year before. But that Aguero moment really had us all in dreamland when we felt we were(yet again) so close to despair and 'typical City' disappointment.

It's fuckin' great being a blue. Always has been even when we shite. But the irony of it all is so sweet nowadays. Now United are shite and the sweetest thing of all is seeing them choking on their humble pie because they find it so hard to accept how the once high and mighty Manchester United are now well and truly in our shadow trying desperately to come good again. Fuck 'em.

Reckon I’ve relived those more in my head these last few weeks than I did Sergio’s goal in the summer of 2012. And that was on high repeat!

It’s definitely up there with pretty much anything I’ve experienced watching City.

The stadium was alive. The noise for the third was incredible. The way the momentum in the game just switched. That cross from Raheem! What a thing to experience. Went for a drink afterwards with @Rammy Blue but I was completely shot. Mentally exhausted. Had to go home early.

An amazing day.
Was mental. The fact it was all right in front of us too, at our corner, made it even more special. As you mention, the noise was off the scale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.