Subbuteo

Loved subbuteo, all my teams ended up 5 a side & my nets/goals crushed, ended up making my own out of pencils & the netting from a bag of oranges, feeling all nostalgic about football related games, anyone remember Striker on the Amstrad 464 I think it was ? Or was it on the Commodore 64 or Spectrum ?

Loved subbuteo, all my teams ended up 5 a side & my nets/goals crushed, ended up making my own out of pencils & the netting from a bag of oranges, feeling all nostalgic about football related games, anyone remember Striker on the Amstrad 464 I think it was ? Or was it on the Commodore 64 or Spectrum ?
Sensible Soccer was the only one to have!

My Ajax subbuteo team is fondly remembered from the great bedroom disaster of 1974 when a small wardrobe fell on them resulting in multiple breakages. I've since scoured the media but not found any reference to it.
It's like the forgotten tragedy.
were there scousers in your room pushing over the wardrobe?

My brother and I got a second hand subbuteo set for Christmas one year, had Brazil and England, a little World Cup, 3 pitches and lots of bits (floodlights we never got to work). On Christmas Day we set it up in the living room, the pitch sticking nicely to the carpet when our elder brother knocked his rum and coke over which reached the edge of the pitch - it shrank quite a bit (50%?) and from then on I always thought if we wanted five a side game we should stick the pitch in some alcohol till it’s the right size! (Not sure if it was the rum, the coke or the mixture that shrank it tho)

Had a lovely brand new set with lots of extras but could never get the pitch to lay flat, would just crumple into a mound in the middle and frustrate the hell out of me.
For years I would wonder how they got it so flat on the commercials and now thanks to a few lads on this thread I know all that was needed was some chipboard!

Not jealous of mine. My dad was shit at DIY, and used a crap piece of plyboard. After less than a year it warped to fuck and everything rolled to the middle. It ended up like a Wimbledon game :O
He should have used some 2b1 round the perimeter (under the plyboard !!!!) Panel pins and jobs a good un.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.