CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Thanks. Yes, it’s one of my pet topics. City were the upstarts and traditional successful teams like Villa and Everton hated it. It’s no coincidence that it was games against those clubs that led to the investigation. It was a truly shocking tale. Maybe I’ll post the full story on my website soon?
www.gjfootballarchive.com
What do you mean games against them lead to investigations

What do you mean games against them lead to investigations
From Billy Meredith's wiki page

He scored ten goals in 35 games in the 1904–05 season, as City came within two points and two places of champions Newcastle United. The season ended in controversial circumstances at Villa Park, and with a 3–2 defeat to Aston Villa ending any hopes of winning the league, Sandy Turnbull and Villa captain Alex Leake exchanged blows.[37] The Football Association launched an investigation into the violence, and the findings shocked the sporting world as Meredith was suspended for the entirety of the 1905–06 season for (unsuccessfully) attempting to bribe Alex Leake.[38] No evidence was taken from Meredith, who denied the charge, and the evidence was not made public.[39] The club, fearful of FA sanctions, refused to pay Meredith during the campaign. He was transfer listed in May 1906 after he claimed that he had only attempted to bribe Leake on the orders of manager Tom Maley and that illegal payments were common practice at Hyde Road.[40] The FA acted on his information, and fined Manchester City £900 for illegal payments and suspended numerous players, boardroom members and staff members.[41]

How many years do they need?
Many, it isn't about innocence or guilt, it is about allowing the media to continually attack us.
The investigation would never have started, never mind gone on for years if certain clubs had not forced the leagues hand.

an investigation that has been going on for how long, personally think they have nothing and are just keeping it open and saying there investigating to apease certain clubs

Reactions: PPT
Surely under UK law there has to be some form of Statute of Limitaions? I'm aware the Premier League has no such rule but they have to obey UK law. Not sure if thats the case and it would be great if some of our more clued up members could give their opinion on this matter.
i know the general rule is 6 years isnt it. i know theres rules and exceptions to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.