Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen a little clip where koulibally rang John terry to ask for his permission to use the number 26 shirt. These are grown men asking about shirt numbers.

They filmed it for good measure. I mean seriously.

Just seen a little clip where koulibally rang John terry to ask for his permission to use the number 26 shirt. These are grown men asking about shirt numbers.

They filmed it for good measure. I mean seriously.

I mean it is an iconic number for the club and I'm sure it's pretty normal for players to request permission or just get an approval if they want to take the number of a legend, it just looks so weird and cringe when it's filmed for social media engagement.

I mean it is an iconic number for the club and I'm sure it's pretty normal for players to request permission or just get an approval if they want to take the number of a legend, it just looks so weird and cringe when it's filmed for social media engagement.
Yeah a quick call would have done.

Kk. “Hello, is that John Terry?”
JT. “Who’s asking”
KK . “It’s koulibally”
JT “ Hello mate’ how’s tricks, how’s the wife?”
KK “Yeah all good mate. Just wondering if I could wear the number 26 shirt?”
JT “ yes mate crack on.”
KK “ Sweet.

And that’s basically that. Job done.

Can’t say I understand why you’d need anyones permission when they’ve left the club.

Can’t say I understand why you’d need anyones permission when they’ve left the club.

Not needing it in the literal sense, some numbers are just different. Just a courtesy call. Would be really weird if the legend of that number says no haha, never heard of that happening but it seem fairly normal to ask/let them know that you want their legendary number.

At Chelsea, no-one has touched Zola's 25, and until now, Terry's 26. Makes it easier to avoid given they're in the 20's of course. Lampard's 8 was snapped almost immediately by Oscar back in the day, but 23, 22, 28, 29 have all been taken and worn by numerous players, so clearly 25 and 26 were being deliberately left alone until now, and it just happens that Koulibaly has always worn 26 at Napoli.

Yeah a quick call would have done.

Kk. “Hello, is that John Terry?”
JT. “Who’s asking”
KK . “It’s koulibally”
JT “ Hello mate’ how’s tricks, how’s the wife?
KK “Yeah all good mate. Just wondering if I could wear the number 26 shirt?”
JT “ yes mate crack on.”
KK “ Sweet.

And that’s basically that. Job done.
Hows the wife? LOL

Im wondering how these lads are feeling...probably just about time for the other 5 to get banned again...

I see they have dropped another £20m on a kid from Villa. I dont understand their transfer policy but it seems to be buy everyone that any other Club may have an interest in. It’s very strange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.