Celtic Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say this thread last seasons and this season.

Definitely was more to do with Rangers rather than Celtic.
Well, if people put a post on here then I will respond to it. You are our only threat, so of course that will be talked about. It seems that coming onto this thread and giving it large when we were shit at home and then in Europe is fine. When the boot is on the other foot then it’s all wrong. My approach is say what you see and don’t be afraid to say it. Do I take the piss at times, of course. I grew up in Glasgow, half my pals are Bears, we have been ripping the pish out of each other for decades. What I have been saying about your team is true. They have been overhyped. Signings have been overhyped and look nowhere near their billing. Now if you didn’t notice this then you are deluding yourself. Some of our support say to me when I point out things about us, Keep the Faith, my response is always fuck keeping the faith, tell the truth and change it. I had been predicting our crash for years. Have been calling our board out for the shitebags they were for going cheap and buying pricks. Losing out on literally hundreds of millions in the CL by never being prepared. When Rogers could do no wrong, I called him out for being unable to see a defender if his life depended on it. Then when he left all the arselickers called him a rat. I had a fucking field day with the cunts. That was the truth, some people don’t like the truth about their team. Our mob included.

I truly believe Ange is on to create a team better that MONs. But he needs to improve the defence also or we will be bent over that same desk in the CL. Am I convinced he has done this, no chance. It’s much better, but being much better than fucking woeful isn’t enough.

Oh and even though at this point you look nowhere near us I won’t be counting any chickens. I never write you off, ever. Football as we know can go to shit so never be over confident or dismiss your enemies. Our board have form on this score and as long as the same pricks are wearing the blazers I sleep with one eye opened.

I am neither. I am not sad nor bitter. I just know when a team isn’t as good as people say. You on the other hand …. You never miss an opportunity to come out with sad and bitter posts. If you want to see a sad and bitter ****, take a look in the mirror.

Rangers are pish. That’s not sad or bitter, that’s just a fact. And if you go onto FF you will see many real supporters are beginning to realise that too.

I’m just faster at noticing because I say what I see, not what I hope. Had countless arguments with supporters of my own team for the same fault. Seeing stuff that isn’t there. They say I’m negative, I tell them to fuck off and stop deluding themselves too. The differences have been our defence, our board, Forrest, our recruitment pre Ange, Lawell, our Academy producing fuck all, singing political songs at games. Too many people see what they want to. I see what I need to and I never go along with groundless optimism that doesn’t stack up. A lot of people don’t like that. I couldn’t give two fucks.

We see calls already from the a rangers fans about Gio being good enough. When I looked at how they were playing against West Ham and Spurs I could see fuck all from the midfield. Running out of ideas in the final third, a defence weakened by Basseys exit, new striker who looks not to clever, Hareky called him a waste of time btw, but he could improve as our Gio did, so not writing the lad off. I saw nothing to justify the plaudits. I said so. Whose assessment has worked out closer to reality? They could improve vastly and if they do I will say that. But to have a go at me calling it so far? That’s just sad and bitter.

I need to respectfully disagree with you there MP.

I can't remember once over the last few years, including an unbeaten 100+ point league season and making a European final have you acknowledged Rangers as anything other than pish.

And I'm not sure you predicted your crash on here anyway. 10 in a row was in the bag, even half way through the season when fans were throwing barriers at team buses you thought you'd still win the league & we'd bottle it.

We aren't shite. We might not be playing great 2 games into a season, but we have largely the same team that were your equals on the park last couple of games we played. Sure we need to find our rythym, find our form, bed the new players in and find a consistent team and way of playing, get players like Morelos back fit, no-one is denying that, but it's too early to call us pish ffs.

I can't remember once over the last few years, including an unbeaten 100+ point league season and making a European final have you acknowledged Rangers as anything other than pish.

And I'm not sure you predicted your crash on here anyway. 10 in a row was in the bag, even half way through the season when fans were throwing barriers at team buses you thought you'd still win the league & we'd bottle it.

We aren't shite. We might not be playing great 2 games into a season, but we have largely the same team that were your equals on the park last couple of games we played. Sure we need to find our rythym, find our form, bed the new players in and find a consistent team and way of playing, get players like Morelos back fit, no-one is denying that, but it's too early to call us pish ffs.
Right now you are. Will that change, I hope not, but it’s a real possibility. And I was going on what was being written about you and your signings. As for 10 iar, I knew at the Feranvaros game we were fucked. I may have had a few drunken bravado fuck you lot we can still do it rants. But I knew. But with hindsight making an worse if it was good for us. We got rid of Lennon and Lawell. Got Ange and are now the best team in the country. And will get better. I’m happy with how things turned out. Gio has to do what Ange did. Build a new team, so far Gio’s signings don’t look in the same class as Anges signings. Not even close. And I have been lamenting our board and how it would end up for years. As soon as you got a half decent team we didn’t respond. We never did. Self inflicted. I always said our board was our biggest threat. You might have missed that but I can assure it was said many times.

“New manager - Ange Postecoglou - and three new signings - Osaze Urhoghide from Sheffield Wednesday, Kyogo Furuhashi from Vissel Kobe and Liel Abada from Maccabi Petah Tikva.

Also, we need somewhere for @Magicpole to rant and rave against the Celtic board.”

This was Viennas first post on last years thread. Why would he write that if I hadn’t been doing exactly that for years? I did acknowledge you did well in the EL. I still didn’t think you were brilliant but you did really well.

As you say early doors but I can see you struggling to replace your sales.
Two cracking players in the SPL.
They could well come good but I can see your new signings struggle bar Souttar if he stays fit.

Right now you are. Will that change, I hope not, but it’s a real possibility. And I was going on what was being written about you and your signings. As for 10 iar, I knew at the Feranvaros game we were fucked. I may have had a few drunken bravado fuck you lot we can still do it rants. But I knew. But with hindsight making an worse if it was good for us. We got rid of Lennon and Lawell. Got Ange and are now the best team in the country. And will get better. I’m happy with how things turned out. Gio has to do what Ange did. Build a new team, so far Gio’s signings don’t look in the same class as Anges signings. Not even close. And I have been lamenting our board and how it would end up for years. As soon as you got a half decent team we didn’t respond. We never did. Self inflicted. I always said our board was our biggest threat. You might have missed that but I can assure it was said many times.

You were always consistent with your rants at the board, I totally agree with you there.

As you say early doors but I can see you struggling to replace your sales.
Two cracking players in the SPL.
They could well come good but I can see your new signings struggle bar Souttar if he stays fit.

Way too early to say, Lundstram was a dud all the way to new year and now he's 1 of the most important players in the team.
We've lost Bassey & Aribo from the first team. Bassey only really started playing regularly part way through last season, before that he was a squad player.

Souttar ironically is the signing that struggled most. The hope is Ben Davies comes in and makes that place his own, he has pedigree as a decently rated Championship defender enough for Liverpool to take a punt, Tom Lawrence a similar pedigree.

I like the little I've seen from Tilman for a young boy, Matondo looked good vs West Ham, poor vs the Belgians like the rest of the team. Jury is out on Colak so far, but the service has been poor to him and he had a goal against Livingston wrongly ruled out imho.

Hardly seen anything of the left back so far but he'll compete with Barasic an dis meant to be more dynamic going forward. Still got the likes of Morelos, Roofe & Hagi out injured, Kent was out the other night as well.

Im sure we'll be fine.

Last edited:
You were always consistent with your rants at the board, I totally agree with you there.

Way too early to say, Lundstram was a dud all the way to new year and now he's 1 of the most important players in the team.
We've lost Bassey & Aribo from the first team. Bassey only really started playing regularly part way through last season, before that he was a squad player.

Souttar ironically is the signing that struggled most. The hope is Ben Davies comes in and makes that place his own, he has pedigree as a decently rated Championship defender enough for Liverpool to take a punt, Tom Lawrence a similar pedigree.

I like the little I've seen from Tilman for a young boy, Matondo looked good vs West Ham, poor vs the Belgians like the rest of the team. Jury is out on Colak so far, but the service has been poor to him and he had a goal against Livingston wrongly ruled out imho.

Hardly seen anything of the left back so far but he'll compete with Barasic an dis meant to be more dynamic going forward. Still got the likes of Morelos, Roofe & Hagi out injured, Kent was out the other night as well.

Im sure we'll be fine.
Tillman looks good. But he needs other creative players around him in the midfield. Davies had been linked with us every year so I will be interested to see if we made an arse of it by not actually trying to sign him. Colak hasn’t looked great, but to be fair to him your midfield is creating nothing for him to feed on. His goal was a goal for my money against Livi. Rangers had to cash in with Bassey and Aribo, they need to sort out the finances and it’s up to Gio to buy good players. Hatate, Kyogo, Maeda, Gucci, Hart, ORielly, Abada and Bernaby, Jota and CCV all here for less than you got for Bassey, never mind both him and Aribo. It can be done.

From the off last year I could see we were on the right track with how we were playing and we faltered because our squad was shit. We knew that would happen, but we were happy with how we were playing. You can’t say the same. Or I hope you can’t. You look lacking an edge, your build up is slow and sideways sideways. Tuesday night you created absolutely nothing. They looked technically better all over the park. If you had lost 4.0 nobody could have complained. I have a feeling that wee mob will bottle it at Ibrox, but if they don’t, you’re out. And if that happens just watch every bear and their aunty say exactly what I am saying now. You included.

Most of our journos backed you to win it on the back of your ore season games. I watched them and you created very little in them either. Then you went to Livi and looked utterly woeful, created very little and we’re ponderous. Got a win but the overall play was dire to watch. Tuesday and even worse playing a better team than Livi. Last year we could see good play and movement, it took time to get players in and really motor but I said at the time, we look to ge going in a good direction. Can you honestly say the same right now? I am commenting on right now. And right now my assessment is correct and I would say the same if it was us.

Saturday our finishing was piss poor and we missed about five chances we should have scored. But our play up to the point it reached the box was excellent. Ange was right to call that out, not fucking good enough. If your form changes for the better I will acknowledge that.

Well, if people put a post on here then I will respond to it. You are our only threat, so of course that will be talked about. It seems that coming onto this thread and giving it large when we were shit at home and then in Europe is fine. When the boot is on the other foot then it’s all wrong. My approach is say what you see and don’t be afraid to say it. Do I take the piss at times, of course. I grew up in Glasgow, half my pals are Bears, we have been ripping the pish out of each other for decades. What I have been saying about your team is true. They have been overhyped. Signings have been overhyped and look nowhere near their billing. Now if you didn’t notice this then you are deluding yourself. Some of our support say to me when I point out things about us, Keep the Faith, my response is always fuck keeping the faith, tell the truth and change it. I had been predicting our crash for years. Have been calling our board out for the shitebags they were for going cheap and buying pricks. Losing out on literally hundreds of millions in the CL by never being prepared. When Rogers could do no wrong, I called him out for being unable to see a defender if his life depended on it. Then when he left all the arselickers called him a rat. I had a fucking field day with the cunts. That was the truth, some people don’t like the truth about their team. Our mob included.

I truly believe Ange is on to create a team better that MONs. But he needs to improve the defence also or we will be bent over that same desk in the CL. Am I convinced he has done this, no chance. It’s much better, but being much better than fucking woeful isn’t enough.

Oh and even though at this point you look nowhere near us I won’t be counting any chickens. I never write you off, ever. Football as we know can go to shit so never be over confident or dismiss your enemies. Our board have form on this score and as long as the same pricks are wearing the blazers I sleep with one eye opened.

Hey just seeing it as I see it :-D

I think we should merge the two threads makes more sense.

Tillman looks good. But he needs other creative players around him in the midfield. Davies had been linked with us every year so I will be interested to see if we made an arse of it by not actually trying to sign him. Colak hasn’t looked great, but to be fair to him your midfield is creating nothing for him to feed on. His goal was a goal for my money against Livi. Rangers had to cash in with Bassey and Aribo, they need to sort out the finances and it’s up to Gio to buy good players. Hatate, Kyogo, Maeda, Gucci, Hart, ORielly, Abada and Bernaby, Jota and CCV all here for less than you got for Bassey, never mind both him and Aribo. It can be done.

From the off last year I could see we were on the right track with how we were playing and we faltered because our squad was shit. We knew that would happen, but we were happy with how we were playing. You can’t say the same. Or I hope you can’t. You look lacking an edge, your build up is slow and sideways sideways. Tuesday night you created absolutely nothing. They looked technically better all over the park. If you had lost 4.0 nobody could have complained. I have a feeling that wee mob will bottle it at Ibrox, but if they don’t, you’re out. And if that happens just watch every bear and their aunty say exactly what I am saying now. You included.

Most of our journos backed you to win it on the back of your ore season games. I watched them and you created very little in them either. Then you went to Livi and looked utterly woeful, created very little and we’re ponderous. Got a win but the overall play was dire to watch. Tuesday and even worse playing a better team than Livi. Last year we could see good play and movement, it took time to get players in and really motor but I said at the time, we look to ge going in a good direction. Can you honestly say the same right now? I am commenting on right now. And right now my assessment is correct and I would say the same if it was us.

Saturday our finishing was piss poor and we missed about five chances we should have scored. But our play up to the point it reached the box was excellent. Ange was right to call that out, not fucking good enough. If your form changes for the better I will acknowledge that.

Im just getting a bit confused here. What pre season friendlies did you watch, because I watched the West Ham game and thought it was a good contest and we scored 3 good goals 2nd half. I was at the Spurs game and we weren't great but they are a top 4 EPL team that just spent another £100M.

I can't emphasise enough that we are 2 games into the season, 1 of which we won. Am i honestly meant to think that you were right to be happier after the Hearts opener last season than we should be after the Livi game? Belgium was a shocker, and I'm no way hiding from that fact, but the boys need a chance. Like I said in my previous post, let's get a few home games now, let's see if performances can improve, and let's give the guys time to settle. If at the end of these 3 games I'm seeing no improvement then I'll hold my hands up and say I'm worried. I wasn't shy in calling them out at times last season and i wont be shy on calling them out this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.