Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 6 2.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 3 1.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
First joined up in 2009 and became really heavily involved in all the community aspects of the forum. I was posting on here regularly and I went on all the meet-ups (or as many as I could anyway). I made some good friends through the place and even joined a band that Quagmire's son was in.

Then in 2012, Sam & Sue died within about six weeks of each other, if that, and the place felt a bit different afterwards. I fell out with a couple of people on here over the course of the next 18 months, and I realised so much of my embarrassing adolescence was preserved here forever as well, so I tried to quit the forum a couple of times during the Pellegrini years.

I came back and set up a new account in 2015 (this one I'm using) but I hardly used it. I logged back in for a bit during the 18/19 season but felt that a lot had changed, so I figured it wasn't for me anymore. Until the pandemic, when I logged back in while I was working from home. Have stuck around ever since.

I can't remember. i joined as Salblu around 2010 I think. I completely misjudged the forum and got on the wrong side of a few people, I think. My fault...
I was used to debating elsewhere and came to here with that same mental attitude. Not good.
So I came back as MYSELF just before Lockdown in 2020.

Used to use a site that I can’t remember the name of back in about 2003. There used to be a lot of Rags on there taking the piss and loads of messages of a “meet up” with each other on Derby Day. Childish, but funny early chat room stuff.

Used to use macityfans.net for a few years from about 2006-2008.

Then started reading Bluemoon and signed up in 2009 because of the Vegas thread in the main forum (amazingly until recently almost nothing has changed to the surroundings to the stadium 13 years after that thread started despite us all thinking we’d have a world class visitor attraction, hotels, streets of sports bars, and a nice walkway to Town back then).

In 2009 I had a user name where you could tell what my actual name was so I changed it. Then that username I think I forgot the password or the password to the linked email address or something to so started again with a new account. Then changed to what I am now in about 2017 (I get bored easily and like to start things a-fresh… that’s why my relationship never last long haha).

All-in I’ve been here for 13 years.

I joined in about 2004, on the old forum. My username at that point WAS my first name so was easily identified as a female.
By 2006 I had changed it to my current username.
In 2004 it felt like there was about 20 regular posters, but it seemed to explode in membership a couple of years later.
I remember starting a thread around that time with something along the lines of "How did you discover the Forum..."
Ric was naturally delighted that I had seemingly created a marketing person's dream with that thread, and he has never looked back since....;-)
I love the forum, although I was posting much more years ago (wasn't having a great time in my personal life). The forum did, in my opinion, get a bit snidey and shitty just as it's membership went through the roof in 2006/7 but it's got a lot better again in recent years.

I've seen 'em come, I've watch 'em go..
nah not really, I reckon about 8 years I've been a member under 1 username or another.. might be more I don't know, but, what I do know is this, this place, The Bluemoon Forum, especially the offtopic bit, has provided me with a much necessary distraction to, what otherwise could've been, a wonderful productive life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.