Celtic Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just getting a bit confused here. What pre season friendlies did you watch, because I watched the West Ham game and thought it was a good contest and we scored 3 good goals 2nd half. I was at the Spurs game and we weren't great but they are a top 4 EPL team that just spent another £100M.

I can't emphasise enough that we are 2 games into the season, 1 of which we won. Am i honestly meant to think that you were right to be happier after the Hearts opener last season than we should be after the Livi game? Belgium was a shocker, and I'm no way hiding from that fact, but the boys need a chance. Like I said in my previous post, let's get a few home games now, let's see if performances can improve, and let's give the guys time to settle. If at the end of these 3 games I'm seeing no improvement then I'll hold my hands up and say I'm worried. I wasn't shy in calling them out at times last season and i wont be shy on calling them out this.
I’m not saying they won’t come good either. I don’t have a crystal ball. In the friendlies I didn’t see any real continuous threat or good passing and movement. I thought with all the talk about how good the signings weee it would be better. It may come and as I said, if they do I will acknowledge it. The last two competitive games must have shaken the Uber confidence that we stood still and you would win it. Don’t get me wrong all the Rangers fans in the press said the same. Tuesday was for me your worst performance in Europe for ages. Absolutely awful. You said you have players to come in, Davies aside, who do you have to improve your midfield as without Aribo it looks pitiful just now. Your strikers should be better when Morelos loses that weight he put on. He will stay for the simple reason nobody wants him.

I’m not saying they won’t come good either. I don’t have a crystal ball. In the friendlies I didn’t see any real continuous threat or good passing and movement. I thought with all the talk about how good the signings weee it would be better. It may come and as I said, if they do I will acknowledge it. The last two competitive games must have shaken the Uber confidence that we stood still and you would win it. Don’t get me wrong all the Rangers fans in the press said the same. Tuesday was for me your worst performance in Europe for ages. Absolutely awful. You said you have players to come in, Davies aside, who do you have to improve your midfield as without Aribo it looks pitiful just now. Your strikers should be better when Morelos loses that weight he put on. He will stay for the simple reason nobody wants him.

It's not just about the players to come in, it's about getting them used to playing together as well. Lundstram, Jack, Kamara & Davis are good enough at the base of midfield, what we need to see is how effective Tilman, Lawrence and Matondo can be over a longer period.

Creativity wise a large part of our season will be dictated by how well they settle.

Im hoping that the left back when settled and up to speed gives us a bit more of a dynamic balance over the left hand side as well, as Barasic is too hit or a miss.

It's not just about the players to come in, it's about getting them used to playing together as well. Lundstram, Jack, Kamara & Davis are good enough at the base of midfield, what we need to see is how effective Tilman, Lawrence and Matondo can be over a longer period.

Creativity wise a large part of our season will be dictated by how well they settle.

Im hoping that the left back when settled and up to speed gives us a bit more of a dynamic balance over the left hand side as well, as Barasic is too hit or a miss.
I think Kamara isn’t good enough. Davis is getting on and Jack isn’t a creative brilliant passer, so for me it is about you finding players who are, or you will continue to fail to break teams down. You need a bit of technical class in there, you have muscle but that’s not enough. Kent if he could string two games together could, but he won’t. None of them would make our team. Turnbull, Abada, Mooy and Gucci when fit would make yours. Kamara wouldn’t even make our bench.we can bring on five players who would get a game anywhere else in Scotland. I think that will make a huge difference over the course of the season.

I think Kamara isn’t good enough. Davis is getting on and Jack isn’t a creative brilliant passer, so for me it is about you finding players who are, or you will continue to fail to break teams down. You need a bit of technical class in there, you have muscle but that’s not enough. Kent if he could string two games together could, but he won’t. None of them would make our team. Turnbull, Abada, Mooy and Gucci when fit would make yours. Kamara wouldn’t even make our bench.we can bring on five players who would get a game anywhere else in Scotland. I think that will make a huge difference over the course of the season.

I think it's hard to compare teams as both teams play in different ways. I think it's a bold statement to say that the team who you've almost been 50/50 with domestically in terms of trophies won and in head to head games, none of them would make your team. Especially when you are talking about guys like Mooy & Gucci who have barely kicked a ball in this country.

I think it's hard to compare teams as both teams play in different ways. I think it's a bold statement to say that the team who you've almost been 50/50 with domestically in terms of trophies won and in head to head games, none of them would make your team. Especially when you are talking about guys like Mooy & Gucci who have barely kicked a ball in this country.
Bassey, Aribo could have. Definitely Bassey and Aribo would fight it out with the rest of our midfield. And I am saying what I said as a judgement call. I never said I was right, people would disagree, that’s fitba.

Bassey, Aribo could have. Definitely Bassey and Aribo would fight it out with the rest of our midfield. And I am saying what I said as a judgement call. I never said I was right, people would disagree, that’s fitba.
Fuck Celtic and the Huns, on the Hibs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.