Those three goals…

Been fantastic read the different experiences so would like to add mine.

For the 93:20 moment I was working a dance competition at Wythenshaw Forum, had the BBC live text on in the background on my laptop. Sadly as it got towards the end of the match we were approaching the finals so had to concentrate on that.

Could see a couple of people that I knew were rag followers running around screaming so thought the worst.

About 10mins later they were very subdued but I was still busy so couldn’t check.

Only when a teacher who is a fellow Blue came up and asked why I wasn’t happy then explained what had happened I was bouncing around the stage like a coked up Bez.

The Villa one, watching on a stream and needed a crap. Though oh well, nothing going to happen now, turns off stream and TV, goes to the washroom, come back 7-8 mins late, thought oh well might as well see it through to the end (the match, not the crap) and turn it all back on and we are 3-2 up.

Moral of the story if we are losing on the final day get me to stop watching!

I must have rewatched those five minutes 30 different times on YouTube this summer. I think I've seen them more than 93:20 at this point lol

I can't disagree with what you say pal but even when Coutinho scored Villa's 2nd on 69 minutes i felt it wasn't over, and I felt quite calm thinking in it wasn't over, i thought we had it in us to turn it round . I just felt we still had something even though i kept glancing at the clock ticking down. Without going into much further details up stepped Gundogan on 82 mins and the rest is history, as they say. I went in the Summerbee bar after the game and bumped into a drunken @Didsbury Dave and we both rejoiced the occasion to then talk about fishing. Lol: )

However, i was at the semi and final in 2011 when Yaya scored in both games and for me that was more monumental an occasion and achievement because we went into unfamiliar territory when the final whistle blew, certainly since the distant memory of the 76 League Cup final win. The moment Yaya struck the goal i could see the bullet like trajectory from behind the goal. All my pent up frustrations from being there at every disappointing relegation under Swales dissolved instantly into sheer exhilaration, and being a long suffering blue suddenly made sense from many years of hurt frustration and piss taking from gleeful rags. For me that moment meant we had not only caught up with the rags but demoralised them into them thinking we were here for the long haul, twas such a defining moment up there with the Dikov equaliser and the Aguero moment.

And the Aguero moment was a very special moment but we'd (it seemed) already arrived(to me) by winning the FA cup the year before. But that Aguero moment really had us all in dreamland when we felt we were(yet again) so close to despair and 'typical City' disappointment.

It's fuckin' great being a blue. Always has been even when we shite. But the irony of it all is so sweet nowadays. Now United are shite and the sweetest thing of all is seeing them choking on their humble pie because they find it so hard to accept how the once high and mighty Manchester United are now well and truly in our shadow trying desperately to come good again. Fuck 'em.
Seconded. Though a birthday skirmish with some (friendly) Ukrainian ladies put paid to me being able to fully experience and express the latest one.
Had to make do with a subdued growl and air punch in case I scared anyone.
Still had a giddy, fuzzy feeling inside, but it had more of a 'smug GTF' flavour than 'orgasmic ecstasy rapture' his time.

Seconded. Though a birthday skirmish with some (friendly) Ukrainian ladies put paid to me being able to fully experience and express the latest one.
Had to make do with a subdued growl and air punch in case I scared anyone.
Still had a giddy, fuzzy feeling inside, but it had more of a 'smug GTF' flavour than 'orgasmic ecstasy rapture' his time.
But, but. What?
Video evidence required to verify your recollection of events...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.