Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

but it was the fans outside the ground causing the crush at the gates the number of people in the stand has fuck all to do with it. They either would have died at the gates due to ticketless fans or died in the tunnel due to police opening the gates. Shame they didn't use tear gas on them like in Paris
The crush outside was nothing to do with ticketless fans. It was because (a) they weren't funnelled down Leppings Lane, as the operational plan called for, precisely to prevent a crush at the turnstiles and (b) because of delays due to an accident on the motorway, many arrived late and the turnstiles were inadequate for the numbers trying to use them.

I wish people would read the Taylor and HIP reports, where the evidence is covered in forensic detail, instead of lies of the South Yorkshire police and The Sun. Otherwise you just make yourself look fucking stupid.

As much as people want to moan the scousers won't let the subject lie, equally other fans wanting to use it to score points or as a way to have a go are also keeping this subject relevant.

97 people died in a cup semi final, and scouse nature of going on about themselves means of course it will always be a big story in Liverpool and the news around the aniversary (which for years wasn't reported on until recently), but every other fan who brings it up everytime a discussion on the red scouse starts are no better than the scouser for letting it be prevelent in football discussions bringing it up in every conversation is pointless

It was a footballing tradgedy and for the normal fan of any club the aftermath, the lies, the vilification of fans and corruption from government down to the police in the form of a cover up should be something that we all have a disgust for and a solidarity in condeming.

Scouse fans are bellends, but using this is distasteful to me and also as said could have happened to any fanbase in the conditions of fenced in paddocked areas and stadium missmanagement.

What happened in Brussels and Paris are completely seperate stories and they can be judged on each as to where they were cunts.

I never think about it, I never talk about it unless brought up and I certainly don't see what the fuss about tyler is, he said a sentence that could be missunderstood, appologised, for me end of story, if others are still bothered, well I won't be searching out their comments or care unless it affects me, and don't see why anyone else would.

Last edited:
The crush outside was nothing to do with ticketless fans. It was because (a) they weren't funnelled down Leppings Lane, as the operational plan called for, precisely to prevent a crush at the turnstiles and (b) because of delays due to an accident on the motorway, many arrived late and the turnstiles were inadequate for the numbers trying to use them.

I wish people would read the Taylor and HIP reports, where the evidence is covered in forensic detail, instead of lies of the South Yorkshire police and The Sun. Otherwise you just make yourself look fucking stupid.

Show me your proof that there was an accident on the motorway as it's the first I've heard of this. Are you just making stuff up now?

As much as people want to moan the scousers won't let the subject lie, equally other fans wanting to use it to score points or as a way to have a go are also keeping this subject relevant.

97 people died in a cup semi final, and scouse nature of going on about themselves means of course it will always be a big story in Liverpool and the news around the aniversary (which for years wasn't reported on until recently), but every other fan who brings it up everytime a discussion on the red scouse starts are no better than the scouser for letting it be prevelent in football discussions bringing it up in every conversation is pointless

It was a footballing tradgedy and for the normal fan of any club the aftermath, the lies, the vilification of fans and corruption from government down to the police in the form of a cover up should be something that we all have a diagust for and a solidarity in condeming.

Scouse fans are bellends, but using this is distasteful to me and also as said could have happened to any fanbase in the conditions of fenced in paddocked areas and stadium missmanagement.

What they happened in Brussels and Paris are completely seperate stories and they can be judged on each as to where they were cunts.

I never think about it, I never talk about it unless brought up and I certainly don't see what the fuss about tyler is, he said a sentence that could be missunderstood, appologised, for me end of story, if pther are still bothered, well I won't be searchibg put their comments or care unless it affects me, and don't see why anyone else would.
Totally agree with this. It’s bizarre that people still have a bee in their bonnets about a tragedy that happened 35 years ago.

It‘s time to move on from Hillsborough and hare the scousers for more upto date, valid reasons.

Show me your proof that there was an accident on the motorway as it's the first I've heard of this. Are you just making stuff up now?
This was all in the various inquiries and subsequent reports. Like I said, read them and educate yourself.

It's not just you I'm getting at. It's everyone who repeats either the police/media lies, or the ones who come out with the "Yeah but Liverpool fans..." stuff. City fans weren't angels by any means. All of the bigger clubs (and quite a few of the smaller ones) had hooligan elements.

This was all in the various inquiries and subsequent reports. Like I said, read them and educate yourself.

It's not just you I'm getting at. It's everyone who repeats either the police/media lies, or the ones who come out with the "Yeah but Liverpool fans..." stuff. City fans weren't angels by any means. All of the bigger clubs (and quite a few of the smaller ones) had hooligan elements.
Just read the reports, it wasn't in there at all

Totally agree with this. It’s bizarre that people still have a bee in their bonnets about a tragedy that happened 35 years ago.

It‘s time to move on from Hillsborough and hare the scousers for more upto date, valid reasons.

I suspect if I had a child that had been unlawfully killed and nobody had ever been held accountable, I might well have a bee in my bonnet for the rest of my life. If anything I’d think it “bizarre” if you didn’t, in that situation.

Was at Sheffield Wednesday v City Boxing Day 87? And was crushed in the leppings lane end. Was definitely a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion. We had and still do our fair amount of jibbers and to put the blame totally on ticketless fans is wrong. But they did play a small role in the tragedy. 99 per cent the authorities are to blame though.

Just read the reports, it wasn't in there at all
Try this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-35462767

"The inquest jury blamed police failures before and on the day of the tragedy. It noted that a road closure in the area had exacerbated the situation. No contingency plans were made for the sudden arrival of a large number of fans and attempts to close the stadium's perimeter gates, before fans reached the turnstiles, were made too late."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.