What's happening with my toilet?

Here’s my trick which I developed to deal with blockage of one of those very small modern toilets.
1. When having a shit, always flush as soon as material hits the pan. Reduces the load of any flush. Always HOLD THE HANDLE DOWN till the end of the flush. This maximises the water flow.
2. If you have a simple blockage of the outflow, use a newspaper to create a vacuum. A heavy paper, I find the Times is best. Fold until its profile is approximately the same size as the entrance to the outflow. Insert and push/pull rapidly to create the vacuum. Works every time, no need for chemical unblockers. Take a bucket with you to avoid shitty drips when transporting the paper to your bin.
3. As others have said, if soil pipe is blocked you need professional help, but local blockage of toilet outflow is more likely. I used to have a shared pipe and LA were very good at attending, as health legislation requires them to act.
4 Advice above on wetwipes is spot on.

Last edited:
Here’s my trick which I developed to deal with blockage of one of those very small modern toilets.
1. When having a shit, always flush as soon as material hits the pan. Reduces the load of any flush. Always HOLD THE HANDLE DOWN till the end of the flush. This maximises the water flow.
2. If you have a simple blockage of the outflow, use a newspaper to create a vacuum. A heavy paper, I find the Times is best. Fold until its profile is approximately the same size as the entrance to the outflow. Insert and push/pull rapidly to create the vacuum. Works every time, no need for chemical unblockers. Take a bucket with you to avoid shitty drips when transporting the paper to your bin.
3. As others have said, if soil pipe is blocked you need professional help, but local blockage of toilet outflow is more likely. I used to have a shared pipe and LA were very good at attending, as health legislation requires them to act.
4 Advice above on wetwipes is spot on.
Thanks for the advice and all the others too. Someone mentioned it could be the plastic loo rim thingy stuck in the u-bend. I think this is a case as it disappeared from the rim. Last flush I did it worked as normal. Hopefully it is that and not a blockage in the main drain.

Thanks for the advice and all the others too. Someone mentioned it could be the plastic loo rim thingy stuck in the u-bend. I think this is a case as it disappeared from the rim. Last flush I did it worked as normal. Hopefully it is that and not a blockage in the main drain.
Ha, the rim thingy disappeared from my toilet. I found it sometime later, hooked round my bracers!

*waves* my one and only time for being mentioned on BM!!

My 'go-to' trick is to flush and at the same time pour the contents of a bucket of water from chest height down the pan. In the good old days we used to have cisterns built nearer the roof than the floor. The extra height was curtains for any logs lurkin' around with little intent of going to the sewage farm.
I once bought a house on the strength of exactly that. It was a work of art, pine cystern with a lead pipe and all old polished fittings, right up near the ceiling, it like having a crap over the edge of Niagara falls.

( I've never had a crap over the edge of Niagara falls but I have weird imagination. )

I'm no plumber and can't work put what's happening when i flush my bog so I'm asking for good old BM advice. In the last week or I've been flushing my toilet and the water level has been raising without properly flushing properly.

Several turds have been resurfacing from from previously disappearing. One particular sweetcorn encrusted turd has bobbed up twice now, it's as if waving at me and taking the piss. : /

What's going on?

You’re a scruffy ****?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.