New rules to tackle cocaine use by the football fan

I wish I had your experience then because I am sick of having to deal with coke heads everywhere I go. Nights out, the local pub, went to the UFC in London with my brother and almost everyone there was on something. Having a coke head get right in your face and start chatting bollocks while sniffing their nose a billion times is so fucking annoying.
Everyone’s had exactly the same experience with what used to be called “lager louts” n’all.

The worst decades (1960s-1980s) of football hooliganism in Britain were fuelled by lager and bitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burnley
Leeds
Palace
Shefiield United

I have seen sniffer dogs at the turnstiles before

I’m not disputing it has happened. Just not in my experience. My point was that it’s not singling football fans out, as it does regularly happen at racing also.

Got plenty of mates who do it and aren't really any different to when they're not on it, they're not dicks without it and don't turn into dicks with it, at least no more than booze changes their behaviour. likewise, I know plenty of complete twats that go to the games and they're twats whether they're on gear or not. I don't personally touch it so I couldn't care less but I do think it gets too much blame for people being dicks when the truth is they're just dicks fullstop. It's not as big of a problem as is being made out imo.

I’ve been to several big race meetings where sniffer dogs have been going up and down the queue outside.

Can’t ever recall that at a football game I’ve been to yet, so not really sure it’s singling out.
Really? I see them at most grounds, I can't think of many grounds I've not seen dogs.

I think quite a few on here have forgotten the aftermath of Hillsborough. Football fans were made to feel like criminals. We have only just been trusted to stand at a match again. We are still not allowed to drink beer in sight of the pitch. Tickets cannot be sold on the day.
Society has a coke problem not football fans. The so called middle class are the worst abusers of it not football fans.
Deal with society wide problems stop using us for cheap headlines.
It was like that before Hillsborough

And legalisation has proved to work in many many areas of society.

People who enjoy taking drugs should not be criminalised. The majority of people enjoy them in a responsible manner and you’d barely tell they were using, just like responsible and socially acceptable drinkers.

Just like with dickheads and alcohol, it’s usually people who are dickheads all the time who act like dickheads when they’re taking drugs.

It’s not strictly legalised in Portugal just decriminalised.

Not going to happen here for a long time here though. We have alcohol control zones in the UK, the Portuguese drink on the street outside bars.

I doubt there will ever be a Tory or Labour government who will bring in a legal regime that encourages persistent drug pushers.

Everyone’s had exactly the same experience with what used to be called “lager louts” n’all.

The worst decades (1960s-1980s) of football hooliganism in Britain were fuelled by lager and bitter.
I think it was just fuelled by anger and hate, don't remember away fans getting much ale before the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.