Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much to buy a Bernardo replacement, we don’t need to sell Barca do so we can set whatever price we want.
If Bernardo really wants to d go to Barcelona and they offer 80m then I'm guessing we will sell him?

This whole Bernardo situation feels like a mess.
On one hand I understand why we would tell him he can leave if we get a suitable offer, if it doesnt really work out for him off the pitch living in England/Manchester. And I can understand that from Bernardos point of view that €80m (or £67m), 60% more than what we paid for him and by far a club record fee sale, is a fee he would feel is fair (not saying I agree). Especially since that asking price was probably lower last year and he might otherwise feel that him playing well this season has only punished him if it makes the club ask for a fee no one will pay. I can understand that while also thinking that £67m for a world class player like Bernardo is a complete joke and what mid table PL clubs like Brighton sell their mid twenties LBs for after one good season without them even being selected to play for their national team regularly.

What I find harder to understand is why we wouldn't give him a deadline to sort out a deal during the months before the season started if he wanted out, since it would otherwise put the club in a bad position with very little time to get a replacement in. Not to mention the obvious downside in that his replacement will have no preseason, little time to adapt to moving and living in a new country/city, having to learn how we play and get to know his teammates when the season has already started etc. All things considered it will probably be a month (or after around 15% of the league games this season) before any new signing would be starting games for us. Makes little to no sense to me and would be uncharacteristic poor management from our club to let it happen, I cant remember it happening once since our new ownership took over (the club selling a starter after the season has already started). Us telling Bernardo in May that he has until August 1 to sort a deal out if he wants to leave would have been more than fair, considering he have 3 years left on his contract and thats when the season starts.

I expect the club to have a plan on what to do if a bid comes in, and to sign a replacement. But right now I struggle to see a scenario where we dont come out as the clear loser (at least short term) in any transfer dealings that involves Bernardo leaving.

With all this said, I hope this is all just talk and the club has no intention of selling him this summer.
We should tell any club Interested In one of our players that there Is a deadline In which to get the transfer done, If after that set date a bid Is made, an additional fee of £5 Million per week will be added to the players value until they pay up or shut up, the longer It pans out the more disadvantaged It Is to our team as a whole, so by adding an additional sum every week will be taken as an Inconvenience tax so to speak.

It would, but we have already told him he can leave if he brings in a suitable offer.

We aren't going to renege on that and risk an unhappy player, nor set a dangerous precedent with anyone else.

Players join City for many reasons, one also being they know we keep our word and don't stand in the way of those who do want to leave.

Torres, Raheem, Jesus, Zin. Not one had a bad word to say about us.

Last one we blocked was Tevez.
If they do leave we should have a concrete offer at least 3 months prior so we can sort out a replacement. Not 2 weeks into the new season and from a club who can't even pay the fee.

Fair enough we don't want to stand in the way of players leaving but that shouldn't be to the detriment of the entire playing group who have stuck around for the season. Losing Silva will be a massive loss this far into the transfer window.

I hope he isn't unsettled but if he wants to go then there is no point in trying to stop him. Just make Barcelona pay through their nose.
Barcelona can't afford and that is the sticking point. And I can't see the board giving him away. Compromise would be moving him on (if Barcelona can still sign players then) next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.