Little gems to visit in the UK

Anyone been to Mevigessy and in particular the lost gardens, are they worth a visit and can you walk to Mevigessy from there safely as they don't seem to believe in paths in Cornwall?
Stayed there last year and going again next month.
Going to do the gardens this time.
The site we stayed on (The Meadows) is in between Mevagissey and The Gardens and has a path connecting the two which starts at the social club in Mevagissey.
It's very hilly but we cheat the walk and use eleccy bikes to get around.
(follow the path and keep left,it splits towards a campsite about 2 miles up and you go through the site and over the road is the car park for the Gardens)

Last edited:
You mean Heligan? The path peters out on the way mate...there is a small road by the activity centre but I don't think it reaches heligan. Get the bus. Takes only a few minutes.
Ah cheers, will take the bus then, shame

Stayed there last year and going again next month.
Going to do the gardens this time.
The site we stayed on (The Meadows) is in between Mevagissey and The Gardens and has a path connecting the two which starts at the social club in Mevagissey.
It's very hilly but we cheat the walk and use eleccy bikes to get around.
(follow the path and keep left,it splits towards a campsite about 2 miles up and you go through the site and over the road is the car park for the Gardens)
We are staying at the Helligan campsite but have 2 youngsters so would prefer safe walks, they tend to drive quite fast on them country lanes, I'm round Cornwall for quite a bit so might see if they do a family weekly or fortnightly bus ticket, it was first busses last time I was in Cornwall but that was 5 years ago

I've booked Tewkesbury- Looe- Helligan- Lizzard- Truro- Woolacombe- Charmouth- Stratford, got an 11 and a 12 year old so hopefully there's enough to keep them busy In August, I've never been to any of them before so not a clue

We are staying at the Helligan campsite but have 2 youngsters so would prefer safe walks, they tend to drive quite fast on them country lanes, I'm round Cornwall for quite a bit so might see if they do a family weekly or fortnightly bus ticket, it was first busses last time I was in Cornwall but that was 5 years ago
Cracking site that and there's a gate on one side of it that leads into the overflow car park for the Lost gardens so easily walkable mate.

Cracking site that and there's a gate on one side of it that leads into the overflow car park for the Lost gardens so easily walkable mate.
Yeah I was more wanting to walk to Mevigessy from the site but it's pointed out that the path disappears, I've read there is a ferry you can get to Fowey so if so I'm hoping to do that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.