BWSL 2022/23 City v Leicester, 15/16 October Match Thread:

Actually think we look a better balanced unit with Hemp and Raso out wide - the pace frightens teams and creates a lot more space. Seems odd to say it but I would try and move Chloe in the next window - her stock is high from the euros and we have other needs. Good signs from the newer players but I will not change my opinion that with a decent coach we have the makings of a good team with Taylor not so much. Needed those 3 points.

Had they played the full ninety as they did for the added time in the second half it could have been a rugby score. A win's a win, it's an emphatic scoreline, but it was against another team with very little attacking ambition. At times it was just laboured. Too many times when we have a chance of delivering the ball into the area for the giant Shaw we opt to go back and a pair of twenty yard passes brings Greenwood or Roebuck into the game. But it secures GT's tenure until at least Christmas!

Controlled team performance. A little more drive forward in the second half, more adventurous. With slightly better finishing and first touches it could have been more. The team look as though they are knitting together a bit more.

Actually think we look a better balanced unit with Hemp and Raso out wide - the pace frightens teams and creates a lot more space. Seems odd to say it but I would try and move Chloe in the next window - her stock is high from the euros and we have other needs. Good signs from the newer players but I will not change my opinion that with a decent coach we have the makings of a good team with Taylor not so much. Needed those 3 points.
They are both so direct and with pace that will frighten most full backs. Teams will need a top class full back to get the better of either of them. Kelly does much the same.

Had they played the full ninety as they did for the added time in the second half it could have been a rugby score. A win's a win, it's an emphatic scoreline, but it was against another team with very little attacking ambition. At times it was just laboured. Too many times when we have a chance of delivering the ball into the area for the giant Shaw we opt to go back and a pair of twenty yard passes brings Greenwood or Roebuck into the game. But it secures GT's tenure until at least Christmas!
Agree entirely. What did you think to Castellanos? I was pretty disappointed in that nearly every pass was a safe backwards one. Still, can't complain too much at 4-0.

Enjoyed it.

Could and should have been more. We controlled the game and apart from Leicester's blocked shot at the end of the first half I don't think they did much else.

Was impressed with Hasegawa and if she's given a little more freedom she'll create loads.

Chloe Kelly wasn't happy at being subbed off though!

Enjoyed it.

Could and should have been more. We controlled the game and apart from Leicester's blocked shot at the end of the first half I don't think they did much else.

Was impressed with Hasegawa and if she's given a little more freedom she'll create loads.

Chloe Kelly wasn't happy at being subbed off though!
Thought she deserved to get subbed. Ironically, was just after her best moment in the game with that cross for Hemp's goal. Happy with the result but we should be dismantling teams like Leicester tbh.

We must have won as I'm not on here with another 27 pages calling Taylor a useless ****.

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.