US Politics Thread

No problem. I should add that the US Supreme Court has the power of judicial review. So if Congress passes a law that could be deemed unconstitutional, the it can be taken to the Supreme Court to be challenged.

If the Supreme Court(which at the moment has 6 conservative aka. Republican judges out of 9)votes it as unconstitutional then it will be repealed.
There’s the problem with your Supreme Court judges being politically appointed.
Over here legislation is looked at by the attorney General to check that it is constitutional.
It doesn’t mean it still can’t be challenged if written into law.

Caveat emptor, bitches. You bought him. We told you not to. We told you everything Trump touches dies. But you didn't listen. Not only that, you told us we suffered from Trump Derangement Syndrome, that we only thought Orange Man Bad, among other bullshit memes. You did it for years. Well, you own all this now. If he ignores you, runs anyway as an independent and splits the party in two, embarrasses you, shits on your favo(u)red candidates, supports more violence against innocents -- too bad. You prostrated yourselves at his feet. You sucked his tiny little schlong. You were the beads to his anus. That's on you. No returns allowed. Sorry not sorry, you dumbfucks.
I've lost count of the amount of times I've been called deranged, deluded, blinkered and other names for calling out Trump for the c*nt he really is by various DJT fanboys on here.

Hilary was right about him all along, and whilst I don't think she'd have made the best President, she was the nominee and BY FAR the lesser of two evils.

There’s the problem with your Supreme Court judges being politically appointed.
Over here legislation is looked at by the attorney General to check that it is constitutional.
It doesn’t mean it still can’t be challenged if written into law.
Actually over here the first built-in to the system is the president. If they object to legislation then everything else comes into play.

Unfortunately it does with the amount of deranged fucking dickheads that worship him.
Most of those deranged fucking dickheads aren't smart enough to make enough money to stay in one of his overpriced hotels once they've paid for their latest guns and handed over every spare cent to his campaign.

I don’t know about the UK, but in the US if you really want to see change in your life/community it will have to take place in your local government. That’s is where a lot of power is had. From zoning rights to build affordable housing(or not to build them), bike lanes on your roads, stop signs, what your schools teach your kids, law enforcement, or even school lunches. Your state legislatures, local county council, or city council is where you get that stuff down.

Relying on change in the federal government usually takes way too long if not impossible in the US.

Here are two good examples.

Colorado also voted to legalise magic mushrooms and reintroduce wolves.

But they voted against selling wine in supermarkets.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been called deranged, deluded, blinkered and other names for calling out Trump for the c*nt he really is by various DJT fanboys on here.

Hilary was right about him all along, and whilst I don't think she'd have made the best President, she was the nominee and BY FAR the lesser of two evils.
And none of the cowards who did that to you (or me, or the rest of us) is here to take their L, let alone to apologiz(s)e, those yellow pants-pissing chickenshits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.