RB Leipzig (H) | Post Match Thread

Have a read of the pre-match thread from when the team was announced onwards for about ten pages, it’s hilarious.

‘Shit team on paper’
‘Disappointed with that line-up’
‘It’s becoming more obvious that Pep’s goal is to not win the Champions League’
‘You can feel the fear in that selection’
‘We was unbelievably bad in [the Arsenal away game with the midfield picked to start tonight]’
‘Gundogan and KDB together has been a disaster post-World Cup’
‘We’re there for the taking with that team’.

As I said after the first leg, Leipzig are utterly average and look like a bottom half Prem team like nearly all of these non-Bayern German teams we face do. I predicted we’d trounce them, and we did!

Apart from a two minute spell in each half where everyone at the back pretended it was a comedy club, we were completely at ease in that game and if we hadn’t declared at 6-0, we could have gone on and scored 10. Instead we just got one more, but everything was right tonight from election to performance.
I was listening to Radio Manchester in my way to the game and they were all going on about it being a tight game. One pundit predicted 2-1 to City and another thought it would go to penalties. All I could think at the time was that we are going to absolutely batter them but I was beginning to doubt my sanity. When I got to the ground my neighbour also said he was nervous and thought it would be a tight game so I knew I was going crazy.

Oh well, sometimes even the crazy guy is right.

Erling is quite rightly getting all the plaudits but that was a great performance all round, arguably the best of our season. Gives me real hope that we might win the CL this year.

Hey, I live in Blackpool and have work at 7am. Those ten minutes make the difference between 11pm and midnight
You don’t need to justify yourself on here. People who say ‘early leavers’ hang your head in shame, are just ridiculous! Each and every one of us, have our own reasons for leaving when we do, but we all pay to watch and support our team. I’d love to see a full stadium applaud Erling after scoring 5 goals, but I’m not about to judge others who leave for whatever reason they do. The support tonight was great, as was the game.

Erling is quite rightly getting all the plaudits but that was a great performance all round, arguably the best of our season. Gives me real hope that we might win the CL this year.
Our best of the season for me too. Would have been ten without the subs.

I think everybody played their part in tonight's game even the fans were rocking, it felt like we belonged in this competition at last, It was definitely one of those games in Europe that will be talked about for years and years,

We all know this competition and Uefa are not Manchester city's number one fan, the hate we have had to play against by everybody at Uefa is wrong, no matter what the off-field politics are the players and managers are the ones that are getting hurt and punished and it's so wrong, But when it's a fair fight NOBODY can moan or point fingers and the best team win,

BUT tonight in the ground it felt different it was welcoming the champions league, The fans wanted it like it was a final, The players bought into it and embraced the atmosphere we were ONE, and in it to win it,

Haaland has brought that desire to win the champions league to Manchester city, It's the level Haaland is on,
He needs that stage that is champions league football, and we now have something Uefa needs to sell and prompt their flagship competition around the world,

BOY tonight Haaland has made the world sit up and talk about Him and Manchester City, I've never seen so much media wanting a part of City and Haaland, I think we have finally become something they need (UEFA) going forward,

I think you're being a bit too harsh on Leipzig, they beat Real comfortably in the groups and I think they beat Bayern in the Bundesliga? They could realistically win the German League.

They just suffered from what a lot of CL teams suffer from against us, which is that they can't sit back for 180 minutes when it's the opposite of their game plan the other 40 matches a year.

They tried that first half in the first leg and it went terribly, and then they were better than us in the second half when they came out. I don't know why Rose reverted to something closer to their first half tactics tonight.

Also the penalty/2nd goal was a knockout combo that they never recovered from. As good as we were, if we didn't get that penalty it could have easily taken us 45 mins+ to score, we've seen it so many times when the team get frustrated.
It was that second half in the first leg that made me think how average a team they are.

City were poor in that first leg and especially the second half of it and Leipzig, at home, playing against a team well under-par, when they’re supposed to be a decent outfit, barely did anything. They had about half a dozen decent attacks which included a goal from a set piece, and that was about it.

As soon as that game finished I knew we’d hammer them in the second leg and said as much in the post-match thread that night.

They might have beaten Madrid in the Group Stage, but Sherif also beat Madrid in the Group Stage last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.