Real Madrid (H) | CL SF 2nd Leg | Post-Match Thread

Wow, just wow. In our long and storied history have we ever played better than last night? We destroyed the World, European and Spanish Champions to such an extent that at the end they looked more like Maidstone than Madrid. My highlight of the game was Walkers tracking back and taking the ball off Vini Jr, it was a moment that said to Madrid you cannot hurt us, we are dominating you in every area of the pitch. I have never seen Kroos and Modric look so average, they looked their age as we swarmed all over them, Benzema hardly had a kick, their defence looked like they had just met each other and the only player who could hold his head up high was Courtois, who despite conceding four goals was magnificent and another day it could have easily have been seven or eight as he denied Haaland 3 times with magnificent saves. Ancellotti, the greatest manager in CL history had no answers, he looked as shell shocked as his players because he knew there was not going to be a miracle come back such was our domination.

As for our team, well what can i say, i will go through each player.

Ederson, made a couple of vital saves, looked confident and used the ball well

Walker, he made Vini Jr look like an under 12s junior

Dias, will not believe he had such an easy night.

Stones, the new role he has is made for him, he strode around looking like Beckenbaur

Ekanji, dominant, composed and quite possibly our biggest bargain buy since Vinny.

Bernardo, outstanding, gave Cannaviga a torrid time and took his goals beautifully

KDB, looked out on his feet at the end, his commitment, skill and creativity scared Madrid to death

Rodri, simply magnificent, he dominated midfield, broke up the counters and he use of the ball was superb.

Gundo, he ticked, he kept us ticking, then ticked some more, as good a midfielder as we have ever had.

Jack, fabulous, looked every inch a £100 million player, Madrid never got near him apart from bringing him down.

Haaland, could have had a hat trick, worked his socks off and was a threat all night.

Foden, what a ball for the Alvarez goal, in his few minutes on the pitch he probably ran more than most Madrid players

Alvarez, took his goal like the World Champion he is, the icing on a very big cake

Pep, got it right, no overthinking, his passion is incredible

The fans, magnificent, the Empithad was a cauldron, even the empty seats were loud Smile

A word of caution, it will be easy to think we have won it, but Inter are a better team than Madrid and we have to be as good in the final as we were tonight
"Walker, he made Vini Jr look like an under 12s junior"... Haha, brilliant.

Great post Rascal.

Penny for the thoughts of: Joao Cancelo.
Should have stopped moaning was getting plenty game time and now misses out on potentially being part of one of the most memorable teams of city and season.

What a plonker!!
joao-cancelo.gif

My highlight of the game was Walkers tracking back and taking the ball off Vini Jr...
The way he did it, out paced him, in the box, and instead of clearing, had the composure to turn him, assess his options and play out. Recently it's as if everyone feels no pressure, and has total ability in themselves and the whole team. Utterly stunning. I just laughed as he did it. There's not a better right back in the prem, now, or in the past. And he's getting faster!

Still a bit giddy! Wrote this:

Let’s enjoy every moment an relive this over and over and over again.

Ah but *searches through book of bullshit qualifiers* we have to do it back to back to be a great team.
Spitty mentioned something like that, we need too now dominate europe like liverpool did back in the day.
Lets just win one and take it from there i say

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.