Istanbul | Taksim Square

I'm staying in the faith area is there any update for best place to watch game for ticketless fans?
@kerem gokmen - the turkish blue living out in istanbul has said nevizade is a good starting point. im assuming lots of bars and kebab shops there- before potentially heading to taksim square if they have a big outside screen up which i believe @kerem gokmen isnt sure whether there is one going up or not yet

Nevizadi st seems to be st of pubs....what is at Taksim Sq ? only 8 min walk between the two of them.
The metro st is at the Sq. I take it everyone will drink nevizadi st then metro/taxis to bus park.

@kerem gokmen - the turkish blue living out in istanbul has said nevizade is a good starting point. im assuming lots of bars and kebab shops there- before potentially heading to taksim square if they have a big outside screen up which i believe @kerem gokmen isnt sure whether there is one going up or not yet
i am following the news about big screen. in 2005 fina there were two big screens at taksim square. also 2019 final four (basketball) there were big screens. so 99% big screens at taksim. will let you know. whenever there is an important event, they put big screens there.

nevizade region is great for evertthing /pubs, retaurants. (there is ''çiçek pasajı'' behind it. check it also great food and historical pubs (tavern like).

so. nevizade is the best starting point. i ll be there 11.00 am.
dont worry about big screen, will let you know.
probably there may be other big screens at besiktas and kadıkoy. but at taksim 99%.
cheers.

My son and I arriving Wednesday. Staying in Tamsin so 3 days of beer and kebabs. We may do a little sightseeing. Still not got any tickets yet, so any information about big screens in Tamsin square?

My son and I arriving Wednesday. Staying in Tamsin so 3 days of beer and kebabs. We may do a little sightseeing. Still not got any tickets yet, so any information about big screens in Tamsin square?

i just called the municapility. no confirmation about big screens yet. but 99% there will be. i ll let you know.

turks always organize things in the last minute :))
cheers.

Any blues landing at 4:55am on the Saturday at Istanbul airport? Rather share a taxi than spend an age on shuttle bus/metro

Does anyone know the best and quickest way to get from Taksim Square to Yenikapi on the day of the match? Thanks.
Metro will be quickest, the walk doesn't look too difficult tbh either if youre used to hour long walks, seems to be pretty much a straight line. I'll probably do the metro simply because that's likely going to be the main way to get back to taksim and our hotel from yenikapi after the match in the middle of the night.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, taksim square will be flooded with blues and they'll be a strong police/ uefa officials presence throughout the main areas too so you either get guidance from them if youre struggling or you just follow the crowd. I think it's going to be more difficult to get lost.

Metro will be quickest, the walk doesn't look too difficult tbh either if youre used to hour long walks, seems to be pretty much a straight line. I'll probably do the metro simply because that's likely going to be the main way to get back to taksim and our hotel from yenikapi after the match in the middle of the night.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, taksim square will be flooded with blues and they'll be a strong police/ uefa officials presence throughout the main areas too so you either get guidance from them if youre struggling or you just follow the crowd. I think it's going to be more difficult to get lost.
hi, taksim square metro station to yenikapı is just 10 minutes via metro. it is easy.

walking? 10 km approximately :)) it will be a nice walk, first to eminonu, then 5km walk from seaside... if necessary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.