Istanbul CL Final chaos | City Matters statement (p 133)

Champions League: Istanbul final not 'perfect' for fans - Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin​

However, at the opening of the four-day European Football Fans Congress in Manchester, Ceferin accepted problems had arisen in Turkey that needed to be addressed.

"Given what some of you experienced recently, I would understand if I got a cold reception tonight," he said.

"We are well aware that in Istanbul not everything was perfect. I am certainly not playing down the problems encountered by some.

"But let us continue working together to improve what can we improve.

"I'm thinking in particular transport links to and from stadium, the hosting of the stadium supporters and access to water and toilets for everyone."

Football Supporters Europe is collecting fan accounts from Istanbul to present a report to Uefa.

View attachment 84239

Well at least they seem to be listening, of course it's 2023 and it's not like it's the first time. Whether they actually do anything differently going forward is another matter given past performances.

As we witnessed in Paris,had this been the Dippers they would have bent over backwards to appease....an apology which amounts to nothing more than 'we could have done better' would have been met with the usual outrage and victimisation claims.
If this was the dippers it would have kicked off

So UEFA think that little of fans, that they’ve only just realised that fans will need water & toilets

What a fucking weapon
They put on a fans park at Yenikapi with drinks available then ask people to go without a bog break for up to 3 hours to get to the ground.

Our group has a scale of 1-10, 1 being we don’t need a piss to 10 which is the one before you piss yourself. We were all 9’s and 10’s when we got to the ground, many fans got off buses to have a roadside slash. Young disabled wheelchair user on our bus, shouted for a break after an hour, driver wouldn’t have heard him but I felt so sorry for him.

They put on a fans park at Yenikapi with drinks available then ask people to go without a bog break for up to 3 hours to get to the ground.

Our group has a scale of 1-10, 1 being we don’t need a piss to 10 which is the one before you piss yourself. We were all 9’s and 10’s when we got to the ground, many fans got off buses to have a roadside slash. Young disabled wheelchair user on our bus, shouted for a break after an hour, driver wouldn’t have heard him but I felt so sorry for him.
They just needed the www. rule
Wee, water and WiFi full stop

Also the press would have been all over it, not a peep because it is us involved.
@Gray to the best of my knowledge the club haven't even acknowledged what a shit show it was. They are so desperate not to upset Cefferin they won't even make a statement supporting us.

Well at least they seem to be listening, of course it's 2023 and it's not like it's the first time. Whether they actually do anything differently going forward is another matter given past performances.
Listening....what fucking use is listening without accountable,time framed actions ?

Hysel resulted in 39 fans going home in body bags,do we have to wait for another tragedy before Gill and his fat faced,arrogant cohorts start to act with professionalism, foresight and and understanding of ticket buying fans needs and requirements.

The arrangements made for City fans were ill advised, inadequate and dangerous.

I was surprised that no one was crushed in the chaotic scramble in the post match car park.

ACTIONS......not listening or words !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.