It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

You are aware that Pep has just lost his captain? The same captain that has been the engine of our midfield during Peps time here.

It's in our interest to keep Pep happy to try and get him to stay longer and longer. So far this window we have failed to keep his captain, land his number 1 and number 2 target for the replacements of said captain. Not sure he will be best pleased.

Remember the goals that Gundo has delivered just the last 2 seasons, he pulled us out the shit vs villa on the last day of the season, then he scored a hateful at the end of this season to seal the deal, that's without mentioning him scoring a brace in the final of the FACup vs scum one of which was the fastest ever goal scored in an facul game.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned when you can see others strengthening around us, I hope we don't use the same list that Sergio gomez came from when looking for option 3 on gundo replacement!

I think there is enough there to be a little worried without having to "give your head a wobble".
Ilkay has been wonderful, particularly in the past 4 seasons. However, he hasn't been alone in being 'the engine of our midfield', as you put it.

Many of our midfielders (Rodri, KDB, Bernardo) have produced match winning moments and they will continue to do so. While others will be expected to come to the fore.

None of the players that our rivals have strengthened with would get in our best 11.

Dias was option number 3 (apparently) so show some patience and wait to see what happens. Txiki will know what we need and Pep will be on board.

(I'm judging your age on your user name)
It's an age thing. Everything has to be something different in football these days - when I were a lad it was 11 blokes with numbers 1 to 11 on their shirts and the number dictated what they were good at. If you couldn't dribble or pass (be "press resistant") - you were numbered 2 to 6.
Simple eh
Oh yeah, I'm completely aware I'm getting on a bit (late 30s) haha. But I wasn't sure whether it was something made up by kids or part of the bollocks lingo that's been brought into the game by pundits and commentators. "Inbetween the lines" "round the corner" and another personal favourite the "double pivot"

:(

You are aware that Pep has just lost his captain? The same captain that has been the engine of our midfield during Peps time here.

It's in our interest to keep Pep happy to try and get him to stay longer and longer. So far this window we have failed to keep his captain, land his number 1 and number 2 target for the replacements of said captain. Not sure he will be best pleased.

Question is was it really Txiki's fault when both our #1 and #2 supposed targets prefer to go to Madrid or stay in London?

Not making excuses for him but maybe we have a list of players we wanted and after 1 and 2 were off the list.. we prefer our internal options (Foden/ McAtee/ Perrone in the middle) vs what is on the market.

If my supposition is true however.. moving Foden to the middle means we need wingers and we might move for a few that're rated higher than Carlos Borges!

Remember the goals that Gundo has delivered just the last 2 seasons, he pulled us out the shit vs villa on the last day of the season, then he scored a hateful at the end of this season to seal the deal, that's without mentioning him scoring a brace in the final of the FACup vs scum one of which was the fastest ever goal scored in an facul game.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned when you can see others strengthening around us, I hope we don't use the same list that Sergio gomez came from when looking for option 3 on gundo replacement!

I think there is enough there to be a little worried without having to "give your head a wobble".
Pathetic post.

The window has been open for 15 days ffs. We won a treble 3 weeks ago so maybe they're taking a deserved break.

Some people jeez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.