Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

The first 5 mins summed the game up.

City very slow to everything with poor passing and getting caught out for a quick counter.

Chavs harassed us and took the opportunities we gave them.

Throw in two ex bellends and it’s was ripe for a bad result.

Still plenty to be positive about. We have Liverpool next and spurs so let’s get 6 points from the home games. Another test of our resolve to lift the title again.

As I say we all get disappointed when points dropped but only due to the players playing at such a high level. Hopefully we tighten up for the next game or expect the same from the dips.

Akanji played that position only for the first 20 minutes...so no, that was not the reason.
We were out numbered in midfield and at the back. Considering we only had one up front, that's pretty impressive.

The system works against Bournemouth or Young Boys but not against a team with as much energy as Chelsea. We were all over the place and lucky to give away with a point. Play like that against the Dippers and we'll get our arse handed to us

Diaz for captain, people said!!

Nah, you know what? Micah made points I noticed in the game. We didn't expect them to be on us straight away. I think we expected Chelsea to give us room.

We have to be able to move and receive the ball making teams that play like this wary of our immediate counter.
*Dias

Very good workout for Pep and the lads that.

We were set tactically and still couldn't hang on. How that happened, is them running at the heart of defence with us retreating in the box. Normally we don't see that much at all, so well done to Chelsea for making it work with Sterling and Palmer.

They're a really strong group of individuals with a good manager. And they're starting to get it together. Theres no great drama in only taking a point.

good anad bad in equal measures

I thought our midfield (or some of them were starting too high up the pitch and chelsea were finding space in between the lines way too easy for parts of the game...it looked like we were outnumbered in there which is rare but Bernardo, Doku, Foden or Alvarez should have been deeper...we got suckered in by chelsea playing out from the back at times

I also thought we were sloppy at times giving the ball away far too easy. ...lots of players guilty of this.

Defensively we looked all over the place at times and disorganised....

draw is a fair result....no complaints about the penalties/ref/var etc...we will ply beter

Palmer overhyped as there has to be a media narrative.....good in parts but disappeared for large portions of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.