Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Pep tries too much magic tricks. Akanji hybrid role. Lewis being retrained as a midfielder after coming through as RB from youth team. Alvarez as an attacking number 8. Gvardiol as an LB after he was star CB for Leipzig for 2 years.
Walker RB as first name on the teamsheet despite his importance was getting lesser and lesser as per last season.

really interested to see the game between Emery and Arteta on saturday, how different it will be tactically, cannot see Villa do to Arteta what Pep allowed them.

still hoping a Villa win, even if that keeps them ahead of us.

Don’t think we’ve ever been more reliant on any one player than we are Rodri right now.

Every pl game he’s played, we’ve either won or drawn and we really should have won a couple of those. Every game he’s missed, we’ve lost.

Not having a back up for him is going to cost us badly, either through him missing more games or getting fatigue because we just can’t afford to drop him.
Those silly shirt pulls are probably a cry for help, he does it far too often to be put down as tactical...often we have 2 centre halves behind him and he still does it....we will get the Bernie wanting to leave drill soon. Media love that..probably need a new emphasis at the club. Maybe a load of fearless youngsters?

Englands POTY when we signed him. Surely he’s a better option in midfield than Rico, Alvarez, an unfit Stones, Akanji, Kovacic or Nunez?
Quite. I’m not suggesting he will revolutionise us but the coaching staff should be ashamed that they can’t get him up to speed

Midfield is our big problem and I’ll say again you can’t go from a team with a midfield of KDB, Gundogan & Rodri, supplemented by a fully fit and in form John Stones to one that has a just back from injury Stones.

Villa did have a lot of shots but not one that Eddie could not have comfortably saved: it was the deflection that beat him. However, when you allow a team to have that many shots, you risk them get lucky.
They didn't get lucky. They had 3 or 4 very good chances. Yes it came from a deflection, but torres and mcginn and the one that hit the post should have scored and we've been the ones who were lucky they didn't have their shooting boots on.

I do agree that midfield is the problem but I think we're playing much more of the 3-3-3-1 than last season we're as last year when stones moved into the middle it definitely was from a 4-3-3 shape.

Any system that makes Stones and Rodri look bang average is the problem. Had no confidence as soon as i saw the lineup and knew wed be playing with fuck all midfield or control.

Dont even trust us to beat luton with this system.

Englands POTY when we signed him. Surely he’s a better option in midfield than Rico, Alvarez, an unfit Stones, Akanji, Kovacic or Nunez?

Pep's does overthink the setup's, Why not go back to basic 4.4.2 or 5.4.1, Kovacic Nunez Phillips Foden and Alvarez and Haaland up front with a back 4

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.