Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Just from the other side of the glass, I agree with a lot of this. I believe football is often about timing & everything was in place for us last night. City without Rodri is a different proposition and him alone would have probably changed the dynamics of the game last night - he is that good.

But we were brilliant, it sounds a bit extreme but I'm genuinely not sure the last time I have seen a Villa team play that well. Maybe even in my lifetime. I know watching City you've seen some ridiculous heights of late (and it's often been a pleasure to watch as a neutral), but I couldn't have envisaged seeing a Villa team play at that sort of level. There is no point getting too giddy, we will inevitably drop off and there is a long way to go, but I'm not sure there is a more difficult away game right at this minute.

I don't see any great panic at city, I'm convinced they'll still be title contenders (if not winners) once the squad settles again and Pep finds a way again (he always does). Let's be honest, you should have been 5 up v half time against Spurs & Liverpool hung on 2nd half. Last night was different, but like I said a few things fell into place for that to happen.
Thanks for commenting and keep the attitude. You should be proud of your boys and keep on getting behind them as you did last night ( beware of tourists ). If I could ask a favour ? Play a couple of kickers in midfield in the next game!

Just from the other side of the glass, I agree with a lot of this. I believe football is often about timing & everything was in place for us last night. City without Rodri is a different proposition and him alone would have probably changed the dynamics of the game last night - he is that good.

But we were brilliant, it sounds a bit extreme but I'm genuinely not sure the last time I have seen a Villa team play that well. Maybe even in my lifetime. I know watching City you've seen some ridiculous heights of late (and it's often been a pleasure to watch as a neutral), but I couldn't have envisaged seeing a Villa team play at that sort of level. There is no point getting too giddy, we will inevitably drop off and there is a long way to go, but I'm not sure there is a more difficult away game right at this minute.

I don't see any great panic at city, I'm convinced they'll still be title contenders (if not winners) once the squad settles again and Pep finds a way again (he always does). Let's be honest, you should have been 5 up v half time against Spurs & Liverpool hung on 2nd half. Last night was different, but like I said a few things fell into place for that to happen.
No complaints here , thought Villa were superb an just hope you do it to the rest of em On a side note I have £20 on you for a top 6 finish at 20/1 Do it

They absolutely leathered us and fair play to them. They look a very good side - whilst the pundits have been tying themselves in knots about how good Tottenham are, Villa are looking like the real deal at the moment.

For us that was about as poor as we have been since Pep's first season but its no reason to panic. Pep is the master of changing thing tactically when we are in poor form. This has been a shit few weeks but we'll find our way.

If we are going to turn this around I think it will be "The Old Guard - KdB, Bernado, Rodri, Stones" that will bring the change. I have high hopes for Lewis but he is really just a kid, our three latest new midfielders are looking ineffective and the likes of Foden, who should be reaching the point where he can dictate games needs to up his game.

You were brilliant. And looking good for top 6 maybe even 4th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.