Mendy

Phillips
Fernando

Nolito
Jovetic
Jo

Samaras

Reckon thats the most expensive XI that would get relegated aha

Adebayor is very harsh considering Jo, Corradi, Vuoso etc. I understand him to be a complex man who has faced lots in his life.

If anything, any player who gives us that celebration v Arsenal is borderline legendary regardless.
I thought Adebayor was alright. Maybe not the elite striker we were expected and a big drop off after his first season, but 19 goals in 45 games is respectable by the standards of some of our strikers. Wilfried Bony, for instance, who cost the same amount.

I thought Adebayor was alright. Maybe not the elite striker we were expected and a big drop off after his first season, but 19 goals in 45 games is respectable by the standards of some of our strikers. Wilfried Bony, for instance, who cost the same amount.
Yet Bony was incredible for Swansea and is still held in high esteem there.

I don’t really recall now but I think he carried an injury and remained a little unfit. Sometimes you have to field what you have.

Nne of the 21st Century players would be in our worst PL side.

Pick any of Alan Ball’s sides in 1996 and you won’t be far off.
There were some decent players in that squad Quinn, Rosler, Kinkladze, Curle, lomas, Brightwell.

Ball was just an utterly shit manager and all the players thought he was a ****.

I always think calling Robinho a flop is harsh, he scored something like 15 league goals from the left wing in a team that came 9th in his first season.
Agreed, he was the first of many superstars they were to come. Formed a great partnership with the once talented Stephen Ireland.

Nne of the 21st Century players would be in our worst PL side.

Pick any of Alan Ball’s sides in 1996 and you won’t be far off.
Not sure about that. We had some poor players but dreadful management aside our best 11 could and should have been mid(ish)-table: Coton, Edgehill, Curle, Symons, Phelan, Summerbee, Lomas, Flitcroft, Beagrie, Kinkladze, Rosler,
Even Symons was alright in the Premier League. It was only after relegation that his form collapsed.

Ball's appalling management and transfer business took City down but even then with 38 points and on goal difference. Injuries didn't help but the core of the side was alright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.